Technical Clutch pedal clip broken

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch pedal clip broken

Hello, I was returning home from down south yesterday evening when I dipped the clutch and it became detached, leaving me with no clutch. :bang:

So the nice breakdown man has placed my car on the drive way at home, as there would be no point taking it to a garage at 11ish on a sat night!

We do know why it became unattached, it seems that a white plastic clip (see pics below) has broken in half and come out thus making the ball joint loose on the pedal and it just pops out making the car unreliable in the clutch dept!

I was wondering if this problem has happened to anyone else and whether anyone might know the part number to quote fiat to get a new one (and possibly a spare!)

It’s a Active 120 m-jet on a 57 plate.

Cheers

Wee

Attachments

• garage_vehicle-445-12462070541_thumb.jpg
    garage_vehicle-445-12462070541_thumb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,467
  • garage_vehicle-445-12462076551_thumb.jpg
    garage_vehicle-445-12462076551_thumb.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,374
Took the broken clip in to the Fiat garage to show them and they didn't have a clue!:bang:

Have got it booked in at on thurs and they think it'll be done under the warranty (I hope it is. I ain't paying a fortune for a little white clip thing!)

THe car has only done 8k miles. can't be classed as wear and tear that surely??

Last edited:
No way is that wear and tear. Im guessing that since it wont be expensive to fix you wont have a problem!

As long as the dealer can claim it back from Fiat, they be happy to fix it.
I just got my steering colume replaced, £1092+vat thank you very much!! Fixed under warrenty!!!

Well the Fiat Garage phoned me up this morning and are putting a new cylinder on, seems a bit of over kill just because of a broken clip but Hey I aren’t paying as they've confirmed it'll be done under the warranty!!

Just all a bit inconvenient really. The M25 isn’t the best place to lose your clutch! So hopefully with it being replaced it'll be fine for years to come!!

well, less hassle for the dealer to replace the whole thing I take it, as they might not suppply this clip on its own anyway.
well, make me wonder what'll happen after warrenty period, might have to spend hundrens on silly thing like this. (n)

Do you have an idea of the new cylinder and clip cost as i had a clip fail tonight leaving me with no clutch...AA man zip tied it so it got me home but ill have to get Fiat to sort it ....dreading the bill if they wont provide just the clip

I was quoted £60 for the part . I have been using strong cable ties through the holes on the top of the pedal around the clip and it's been working for a month with no issues .

This happened to me today! White clip broken! Has anyone found a solution! Where can I get this replacement clip. Don’t want to folk out for new master cylinder?

Sorted it, Ordered parts from shop4parts payed £50 for master cylinder and £100 labour, clutch pedal seems lighter know when de pressed down

Back