Technical Clutch Judder when warm

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch Judder when warm

turbo93

Hi guys,

So a couple of months ago I asked you guys regarding noise coming from the clutch and and you helped me alot. The whole clutch kit was changed and everything was fine. Lately ive noticed that when i put the car in reverse or 1st gear it starts juddering like crazy. It used to do this before but then stopped after changing the clutch. Could it be the brake fluid?

Thanks in advance :)

No it does take clutch fluid as the car has a clutch slave cylinder. No warranty but the mechanic is a good friend of mine. Do you think its the clutch again? Also i remembered 1st and 2nd gear are hard when engine is cold. When it warms up its ok.

Thanks

if it was fine for a while after putting the new clutch in im wondering the crankshaft oil seal was leaking behind the flywheel and thats now contaminated your new friction lining.........

just check though that the clutch hydraulics are free of air and get somebody to pump the pedal in and out whilst you watch the clutch arm move on the gearbox. get them to hold it down and watch to see if the arm moves out but then slowly creeps back - a sign of a fluid leak or worn seal.

failing that its gearbox off time again.......you could get under the gearbox and look for oil under the flywheel as there is a viewing opening on the engine side.

Back