Clutch judder again!!!

Currently reading:
Clutch judder again!!!

R

Richard

I have now got a jtd hlx 100 its been great so far...until it started raining ,as with my marea when setting off first thing after rain it judders or if its been left for a few hours.Any other time its no problem, i remember Sven saying its common fault on the jtd?
But what will cure it ? how much?and do you think my 1yr fiat warranty will cover it as it only happens when it rains!!!

Can you describe the judder ?
When starting from one point . . . .

sven3.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site

The car vibrates when first setting off (ie first thing on a morning,and if its been left for hours ie coming home from work 10hrs later )through releasing the clutch it feels like it may stall but does`nt after that initial judder its fine at roundabouts ,junctions etc when pulling away?
if you release the clutch to fast it jerks for a few moments,if you release it slowly with less revs you can just about set off with a small judder ?
thanks Sven in advance.

The stalling problem is due to the Maf not heating up, that is a common thing on JTDs, but it goes away after 10/15 sec.
The judder may come form a worn clutch or air in the master/slave cyl - bleed it and try then.

sven3.jpg

AS ive just bought it from fiat do you think they would do anything under its 1 yr warranty Sven?

Well I aint from UK, but if its under warraty they must find and remove the problem. This is a problem if it judders all the time.

sven3.jpg