Technical Clutch, I Think!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch, I Think!!!

jayefc1

I have a Fiat Punto ELX 2000 reg and lately it feels as if i am riding the clutch, i press the accelerator and all i get is pretty much fresh air. is this the clutch or something else. if it is the clutch how much would this cost. any help would be gratefully received as i havent got a clue about cars.

jayefc1 said:
I have a Fiat Punto ELX 2000 reg and lately it feels as if i am riding the clutch, i press the accelerator and all i get is pretty much fresh air. is this the clutch or something else. if it is the clutch how much would this cost. any help would be gratefully received as i havent got a clue about cars.

Cetainly sounds like the clutch to me(n)
Do you get the revs but no real power and then it suddenly bites and everything is fine? The more you drive it the worse it will get .:bang:
Unfortunately, its not the easiest job to do yourself and its better to go to a garage(the price of £150-£300 sounds about right).Phone round for a quote while its still in its early stages, Mr Clutch did one for me on a ford and i was back driving it 2hrs after i dropped it off. Only cost me £100 but that was 6yrs ago.(y)

Thanks guys, it was the clutch phoned round for a few quotes, 1 dealers 300 another was doing a special offer 169 all in so i went with that, is running smoothly again.

Back