Technical Clutch fork replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch fork replacement

Dion

Hi Folks, I have a 2007 Punto Grande with duologic transmission, it has only 45,000kms on the clock and I have major issues with repair costs.
I'm in New Zealand so I expect some major comparisons.
I have been billed $2100.00 for a clutch fork replacement, does this sound like the norm?
Thanks for any advise.

Hi Folks, I have a 2007 Punto Grande with duologic transmission, it has only 45,000kms on the clock and I have major issues with repair costs.
I have been billed $2100.00 for a clutch fork replacement, does this sound like the norm?
Thanks for any advise.
Wrong group
This is punto mk2 / mk2b

Grande is a different car (based on vauxhall corsa)

And since its an auto box - im out
I know very little about them

Ziggy

Thanks for any advise.

As far as I know your automatic system is just the manual clutch and gearbox with a robot system added on to change the gears.

NZ 2100 sounds very expensive to me. After the clutch has been altered the robot system needs to relearn or be recalibrated and that would be fairly simple for somebody who already knew how to do it but very time consuming if somebody had to learn how to do it.

However if they are only changing the clutch fork I would wonder if any calibration is really needed. Your system has to be able to relearn as the clutch wears so must be capable of making adjustments for any differences when the clutch fork is changed.

Sounds to me like you are not getting a fair go mate! :D

Back