Technical clutch cable or clutch?

Currently reading:
Technical clutch cable or clutch?

marky23

the last few days my clutch pedal has gone really stiff and has very little travel. sometimes when i change gear the gear knob wont budge pretty scary at 60mph. and about 50% of the time when i stop but leave the engine running and put the car in nuetral it stalls as if i left the car in gear. does this sound like the cable or the whole clutch needs changing. does anyone know how much the cables are and how long they take to fit. thanks for any info

oh i never knew it was hydraulic thats even more money
anyone want to swap a petrol punto for a slightly dodgy clutch diesel punto lol

last night on way home from work the car was really bad and the handbrake light was on all the way home i know this means brake fluid as well so stopped the car and checked and there was no fluid in there. i checked in the haynes and it says the brake fluid and clutch fluid are supplied by one pipe but a master and slave cylinder seperate the two. so it looks like my dodgy clutch was caused by a leak some where in the pipe. that sounds very expensive to me so i think i will be getting a different car for now.

the tax is due as well and thats £93.50 for six months see if i can get it in the garage tomorrow. it seems dangerous that the clutch and brake fluid is all one pipe though i drove home 13 miles last night with no brake fluid, i was lucky nothing serious happened.

sounds like the pressure plate is broken.new 3-in one clutch needed i think.could also be the clutch release arm.first one favorite.

Back