General Clutch cable/clutch SEICENTO (not Cinq)

Currently reading:
General Clutch cable/clutch SEICENTO (not Cinq)

MikeyD

I posted here the other day re my clutch cable/clutch problem. After reading instructions i see that they are for the Cinq. The Sei is very different....
I need to know how to access the levers etc and its not easy on a Sei. There is a metal panel in the passenger footwell behind the plastic moulding but its not easy to get at in the Sei. Can anyone tell me how to get at this?
The plastic glove tray moulding thing will surely have to come out first as you cannot get to the panel until its out the way (certainly cant get your hand anywhere near the part you want to work on). I can see a black metal panel (about 9-10inches in dia), and 2 phillips screws holding this on, behind the plastic tray moulding thing. I think this may cover the leverage thing im looking for. Can anyone tell me how to get at this panel. Its very different from the instructions given for the Cinq.

thanks again

M

It's actually very very similar, even if you have the power steering stuff mounted in front of it.

There are three little phillips screws holding the servo cover on. The one at the top is a real bugger, but can just about be got at. Once they're out, the cover will pull down and can be removed without touching the tray.

Why they didn't attach the cover with velcro is beyond me.

Last edited:
It's actually very very similar, even if you have the power steering stuff mounted in front of it.

There are three little phillips screws holding the servo cover on. The one at the top is a real bugger, but can just about be got at. Once they're out, the cover will pull down and can be removed without touching the tray.

Why they didn't attach the cover with velcro is beyond me.

so remove the silver coloured box (servo?) thats in front of it to reveal it?

so remove the silver coloured box (servo?) thats in front of it to reveal it?

If it's a silver coloured box with a couple of connectors coming out of it and it's in the passenger footwell, it's the power steering ECU. Remove it. The end of the servo (and the clutch lever quadrant, et al) are under the black metal cover beneath the power steering ECU.

The servo itself is in the engine compartment, bolted to the brake fluid reservoir and master cylinder. Leave this alone!

Last edited:
If it's a silver coloured box with a couple of connectors coming out of it and it's in the passenger footwell, it's the power steering ECU. Remove it. The end of the servo (and the clutch lever quadrant, et al) are under the black metal cover beneath the power steering ECU.

The servo itself is in the engine compartment, bolted to the brake fluid reservoir and master cylinder. Leave this alone!

cheers i'll get a look

IINASQ why are you trying to fit a clutch cable?

Cheers

D

im not defo fittin one, i just want to satisfy myself that nothing is broken when i take a look behind this cover. Seems odd that the clutch pedal just fell when there was no prior warning. The clutch seemed fine too, wasnt slippin or anything.
cheers

Have you checked under the bonnet yet?

Cheers

D

im unsure what to actually LOOK for. You talked about the cable being in a forward position or summin. What should this look like? It looks normal to me.:confused:

chreers again

If the cable has snapped at the inside, then just unbolt the two bolts/nuts in the engine bay, where it joins the bulkhead, and try and remove the cable. If it has snapped, it will just pull out.

Once you have the PAS ECU out, its a good idea IMHO to cut the studs down shorter, so next time you can just use a socket on them. Makes it 10x easier :)

Kristian

If the cable has snapped at the inside, then just unbolt the two bolts/nuts in the engine bay, where it joins the bulkhead, and try and remove the cable. If it has snapped, it will just pull out.

Once you have the PAS ECU out, its a good idea IMHO to cut the studs down shorter, so next time you can just use a socket on them. Makes it 10x easier :)

Kristian

cheers for that mate.

was indeed the clutch cable (again), but caused by an, as yet, mystery part attached to the lever. Fiat are laising with my garage as i speak to try and find out the fault. Fiat have apparently acknowledged that its a common fault with these cars. Will let you know the outcome ....

garage have fitted new c/cable but cannot find source of problem. Result -clutch is working again.

Kristian

I just left the plate off after unbolting the PAS ECU in order to get it off - figure it is so far out of the way that I couldn't see myself ever getting something jammed up there!!!

Glad I came across this post though 'cos I had no idea what the ECU was to control!!!

Last edited:
Back