Technical Clutch Cable Adjuster

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch Cable Adjuster

thedtjs

Hi everyone.

My clutch cable snapped the other day. I managed to get it home without it, but when I got home, I realised it had snapped under the bonnet end so I ended up losing the big plastic adjuster that threads onto the end of the cable. Got a new cable and as crazy as it sounds, me and a mate put a couple of drilled out and bent 2p peices and a couple of 10mm lock nuts through the cable and up against the release fork! Actually works amazingly well but I want to put the original nut back. I can't seem to find one anywhere, not even a part number. Anyone run into this before and obtained one from somewhere? I've tried scrapyards but they never have any Seicento's or Cinquecento's in!

The cables go because the clutch is failing, so get that replaced asap.

clutchcontrol.PNG

The cables go because the clutch is failing, so get that replaced asap.
Sometimes the cables go because the cable has rusted and failed. Doesn’t always mean the clutch is going.
I replaced mine on my 899 Cinq, at a guess I’d say 10-years ago. The clutch (and that cable) are still fine.

It's not the pedal end but the other end. The part number I'm talking about is where the diagram shows 16 or 17 that attached to threaded end. The part doesn't look like it's on that diagram, but it was a large spindle type thing with a nut that tightens up to the release fork. I can't find one anywhere!

Back