Technical Clutch / brake pedals

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch / brake pedals

I noticed tonight that my clutch pedal is slightly interfering with my brake.

When I brake without clutch, the brake lights go on and off fine.

When I brake with the clutch down, it interferes with the brake pedal returning and the brake light takes a second or two to go out.

It's obviously catching and I will have a good look in the daylight but just wondered if anyone has come across this before and could give me some pointers.

Cheers for now

MARTIN

I noticed tonight that my clutch pedal is slightly interfering with my brake.

When I brake without clutch, the brake lights go on and off fine.

When I brake with the clutch down, it interferes with the brake pedal returning and the brake light takes a second or two to go out.

It's obviously catching and I will have a good look in the daylight but just wondered if anyone has come across this before and could give me some pointers.

Cheers for now

MARTIN

Can't say I've come accross it before. I've just looked at the pedal box I've removed from the donor Panda and I can't see how they can interfear. I think the brake switches are adjustable, so might be worth giving that a try.

If worse comes to the worst might need to change pedal box.

The brake torque ‘pole’ goes through the clutch pedal bush in an assembly above the pedals. Sounds like you need a bit of ‘3 in one’ in that area.

It's nice when it's a simple answer.

I cannot get to my car in daylight during the week, so will oil / grease at the weekend. However, I did put some easing oil on (WD40) and the result is amazing!

My clutch no longer squeaks, is definately lighter and I'm pretty sure it has sorted the problem. Will find out tonight when I go out, but left the WD40 soaking in today(y)

Last edited:
You might want to check why it siezed. Im not sure if there is any heater plumbing above it that may be dripping on it as mine dosent have that luxury.
Vince.

You might want to check why it siezed. Im not sure if there is any heater plumbing above it that may be dripping on it as mine dosent have that luxury.
Vince.

No, I think it's all ok - it just think it has never been lubricated. Will put some grease on at the weekend(y)

Drove the car to work this morning and enjoyed every second, the car is driving so much better!

Back