Technical Clicks/knocks and jerks while driving Fiat Ducato 2.0 115 Multijet

Currently reading:
Technical Clicks/knocks and jerks while driving Fiat Ducato 2.0 115 Multijet

FeniceFiat

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Fiat Ducato 2.0 115 Multijet which has been going on for a long time now and I can't find a cause.

The problem is that sometimes I hear clicks and tugs (like I'm on a bad road), sometimes just before the noise the accelerator pedal becomes harder to press and it doesn't seem to have much power.

A few days ago the engine light came on with errors P068A P1216 P061C, the engine accelerated very little at one point, I stopped, put the first gear, with the accelerator pedal fully pressed it went to 5 KM/H, turned off and restarted the engine is fine again but still emitted those noises and tugs.

In the past, with the same problem, it gave errors on the diesel high pressure pump and diesel high pressure pump sensor, the mechanic checked everything but found no faults, he did all possible tests, even changing the pump in the tank but it wasn't that either, in the end he did overhauled the engine control unit and I also did the timing belt because it had touched the cover. Everything went well for about 1-2 months until I went on the highway at 130 KM/H for a few kilometers and immediately heard the noises start again as I wrote above.

After the engine light a few days ago I had the camshaft sensor changed and while he was disassembling the engine cover, the mechanic saw that a pipe coming from I think the EGR valve and going to the turbo solenoid was detached, he told me that perhaps he had unplugged it by mistake, but maybe it was already unplugged. After he has done this work the vehicle starts with more difficulty (the starter motor turns slightly more) however it seems more performing and sometimes emits these clicks/knocks and tugs again ...

Could anyone help me? I was thinking of also changing the crankshaft sensor and the engine control unit relay.

Assumed meaning of error codes:

P068A - Battery Detachment ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance - Too Early

P1216 - Pedal Position Sensor C Circuit High Input

P061C - Internal Control Module Engine RPM Performance

Hello, small update, I also replaced the diesel pump relay as I saw that there was a 30A red relay (not Fiat), while in that position there would be a 20A black relay, so I bought it from Fiat and inserted, then for testing I swapped the 30A red relay of the engine control unit with another identical one.

However, the problem still persists, it seems to do it slightly less, the strange thing is that it starts making jerking and ticking noises only if I go on an urban road for at least 30/35 KM and usually it starts to do so when I'm traveling from 1500/2000 rpm (it seems that starts when there is too high a gear engaged) and I feel the pedal slightly harder than usual, while I've gone several times on the highway at 3000 rpm or more and I feel the perfect engine, soft and responsive accelerator, this problem is absurd.

This morning it had started to do it while I was driving along an urban road, I accelerated hard for a second with full throttle in second or third gear, it stopped doing it for the remaining 10 KM then I didn't need it and it stayed off for 7-8 hours, turned it back on, I did about 50 KM of highway at a fixed 130 KM/H or almost, everything was perfect. I also did about 35 km of urban road after the highway and everything was perfect there too...

I'll also tell you about this episode from the other morning, it had traveled about 15 KM, so the jerks and ticking noises still didn't start, but I always felt the pedal a little hard, in fifth gear when I released the pedal, I heard turbo flutter a few times then I stopped for a moment and he never did it again.

I don't know what to say... Maybe this Ducato loves to go fast? 🤣

Someone save me please...

Last edited:
Back