Cleaning my wifes Fiat 500

Currently reading:
Cleaning my wifes Fiat 500

Bad wording on my part perhapse i should have added the application method is similar Ie spray on spread out and buff.....

But to get the best results from it, it should be applied after the use of the dedicated Prime paint cleaner / base...... It doesn't tend to bond well to many petrochemical / oily based paint cleansers...... add the glos top coat / quick detailer your looking at close to £50 which most people will balk at....

To be fair the Meguires kwik wax and nxt spray isn't such an awful product.. and will last a couple or three months during the summer......

many products billed as a wax also contain synthetic sealants like wise many sealants contain wax.....

One thing with the acrylic jet doesn't have the same beading characteristic's as a wax which is what a lot of people want....

another half decent spray wax is autoglyms quick wax

One problem is not everyone has the budget / will to spend a small fortune on car stuff and as a novice starting out will not want to spend £2,100 on a nice pack of Swissvax Exclusive Divine ;)

one wax that is good over SRP and cheap is http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-476s-super-doublecoat-auto-wax/prod_207.html

As your probably well aware Rosso this "hobby" can soon turn into an obsession And cost you a fortune :eek:

6486462971_d03a969736_b.jpg

not to mention the machine polishers 3 boxes of microfiber cloths / applicators box of machine polisher pads.. da and rotary polisher...... pressure washer, foam lance, flood lamps for machining.......

Don't I just know it, matey!

However, I don't really think a novice would spend £2100 on a pot of wax - I have OCD about detailing and I'm not that foolish - open to debate of course.

I know about the "lack" of beading with a sealant such as Werkstat and I think the general rue of thumb is wax for beading - sealant for sheeting (or is it shee..ting) however, sealants are better suited to pale cars and waxes to darker or warmer hues. If you're buffer like me, then I'm sure you're already aware of the rules, so to speak! :D

I'm a Gabbiano Blue driver now, so I mainly stick with Zaino however, Glasur does tend to find its' way out of the fridge now and then. By the way - I think that Glasur is the most superb wax to work with, if you haven't already tried it. ;)

For the record, I think that spray waxes are crap - Supernatural aside. :yum:

Last edited:
Back