General Classic Insurance ? Don't care !

Currently reading:
General Classic Insurance ? Don't care !

pandafan

Don't polish it, DRIVE IT
I just got my renewal notice for my Sisely from our broker; the cover had gone DOWN to t.p.f.&t. and the premium UP to £145. I went online and found 6 quotes under £100 and finally settled on fully comprehensive cover for £75 ! That'll do nicely.

I can't imagine classic insurance being any cheaper.

Sandra and I usually manage to insure a pair of 4x4's for under £200 a year, fully comp. Wonderful cars......love 'em !

Ah, c'mon...be fair.

I was a yoof once ( I used to do 'unofficial' racing in the late 60's/early 70's ),
but I now have a 37 year NCB and enjoy the rewards.

AND NO !.....I'm not a boring auld driver, Just carefull and lucky (touch wood ).

pandafan said:
Ah, c'mon...be fair.I now have a 37 year NCB

Steve C said:
pandafan, you're no claims bonus is older than me!!
And 16 years older than me! ;)

But well done on getting a premium of £75. That certainly is budget motoring!

hi pandafan
£75.00 fully comp incredible , whats the www site address?
mine has jumped right up so i am looking
thanks
fiat903cc

pandafan said:
but I now have a 37 year NCB and enjoy the rewards.

AND NO !.....I'm not a boring auld driver, Just carefull and lucky (touch wood ).

Only 35 years driving for me.... but I've not been quite so careful or lucky (although I do have insured "no claims" bonus).

Having said that though - they seem to stop being interested above 5 years or so.

Suddenly I feel v e r y old !
I passed my test when there was no maximum speed limit, roads were fairly empty, you were allowed to drink and drive and there were no seat belts...so, as I say, I was lucky. I got it all out of my system whilst it was legal (along with certain other things !).
Since then I took my Hackney, Police, Ambulance and off-road tests and reaped the rewards. But it was all due to being born at the right time. If I was just starting now, with my attitude, I'd probably be virtually uninsurable !!!

The online broker that I signed up to is: www.screentrade.co.uk and the insurance company is : Groupama I.S.C.

It must be worth a look even if you're ( grrrr ) 'young !

I got £110 for me and another driver. Try www.confused.com . It gets quotes from a load of insurers and just pick the lowest.
I#'m 26 and the other driver is 29, both with 5 years no claims.

Back