Reel around the cassette
Slap on the radio
I’ll take it now
Oh...

15 pin with you
Well I wouldn’t say no.
Oh people said you were virtually dead,
And they were so wrong.

Er, actually I may have to give up the original radio department, or just get the current one repaired.

I popped into the local Fiat parts and service place to check on the price of an original Clarion radio cassette player. I know, I know, it’s the 21st Century and all that, but ... anyway.

Imagine my surprise when they quoted £255 + VAT

I declined that generous offer and enquired about the fascia panel and that was £38 + VAT, I declined that too as there was no guarantee that it would be in the same colour as the rest of the dash. See image below for one from later model.

I’ll not mention that the electric aerial doesn’t work as it doesn’t really matter at the moment.

Attachments

• Fascia panel.jpg
    Fascia panel.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 46
Forget originality, the original stereo is rubbish and you can't beat decent sounds while driving with the roof down.

Halfords do the fascia panel for about a tenner.

An original radio/cassette including all the paperwork, manuals etc went for £2.20 on the place that we can't mention, within last two weeks. I have one but I havent fitted it yet. If I can get it done next week, you can have the fascia bit and the current Pioneer radio/CD player too. I know the quality of the sound wont be as good with the original but that doesn't bother me. Steve

I've got the original radio / crap cheap speakers and up to now its not worried me. I'm a classical music fan which don't lend itself to a small noisy roadster (unless its a good bit of Wagner).

But now I've got the hardtop and can hear how bad the kit is I'm going to be forced to upgrade.

So there might be an original unit going cheep cheep..if anybody is interested (before this post gets deleted for unauthorised advertising...:()

I've got the original radio / crap cheap speakers and up to now its not worried me. I'm a classical music fan which don't lend itself to a small noisy roadster (unless its a good bit of Wagner).

But now I've got the hardtop and can hear how bad the kit is I'm going to be forced to upgrade.

So there might be an original unit going cheep cheep..if anybody is interested (before this post gets deleted for unauthorised advertising...:()

Swap?

Choices choices, I'll be honest and say that I can cope with the rubbish sound, having had silence on most journeys recently any sort of musical combo sounds ok to me.

I have the fascia panel and will be attempting to spray it the same colour as the b rather than leave it black.

This doesn't mean that I'll be buying an after market unit just yet, but interested to see how it turns out.

Back