Technical CITY button

Currently reading:
Technical CITY button

When I bought my Punto in November the dealer told me not to have it on all the time as there was a danager of over steering at higher speeds and to just reserve it for parking and the such.

53 Reg Punto Active Sport in Atlantic Grey.

Hang on, don't forget the function turns off at 70 km/h. So high speeds aren't a problem. The dealer should know this!
Also reg. the supposed 'strain on the engine', the whole point of electronic p/s was by bypass the engine and not create the power loss experienced by traditional hydraulic systems.

gotta admit i'm a bit partial to the city button...not sure if it does actually turn off at 70 cos i seem to have it on 90% of the time n it still works...sayin that tho, there aint many corners to take when youre goin that fast ! (unless youre daft)
from a passengers point of view, id rather the driver didnt have the city button on because thats when u really notice the difference with the steerin !

The city button is so addictave!! I have never used it till i read this link but now i use it in all back streets and coming out of the drives!! I do have a habit of goin gthat little bit faster than allowed on the streets but who doesn't!! lol!! I have not been brave enough to leave it on yet!! I am too heavy handed!! :p:D

mk2 punto in white, blue interior and more neons joining the car every day!! looking for ideas!!

Just as all of us without PAS will call PAS cars girlie cars ;)

You asked for it!

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
Uno_sign.jpg
test_vote_for_me.gif

Come on, in a small light car as a punto PAS is not needed. Atleast not for a fullgrown male.. but girlies might need it [}:)]

most newer cars have an automatic girlie button. eg. yaris

99 Brava 100 HSX,Met Cognac

04 Toyota Avensis 2.0 d4d. Champagne. 16" Alloys, Climate, Traction Etc....

I use the CITY button on my Stilo and in Punto's (as I seem to have one every month for a courtesy car), but where I live (down a narrow lane then about a 50 point turn to park), it's a great help. I also love my Stilo's parking sensors, but don't think they're necessary on these Punto's. Got one outside now actually, a 04 3dr 1.2 Active in Black. Lovely little cars!

Oh, by the way, with the Stilo: "When the vehicle speed meets or exceeds 40mph, the two systems (Power Steering and Electric Servo Assisted (CITY) Power Steering) coalesce."
(Stilo Service CD)

Stilo 1.6 Dynamic, 5dr, 2002, Crystal Green

lol
-nagoodch, I read on ur profile u were going to tint ur back lights. Have u done it yet bcoz i tried to do mine.........and failed [xx(] Let me know how it goes/went
(sorry to change topic)

EVERYONE- SPRAY YOUR PUNTOS BLACK
sdfdfggd.jpg
fggdgfrdde.jpg

David

Back