citroen cooling fan question.

Currently reading:
citroen cooling fan question.

fosters ice

Hi guys

over the weekend i bought an electric cooling fan to fit to my s11a land rover as i have fitted a land rover discovery 200tdi engine which doesn't have a cooling fan anyway the cooling fan is from a citroen xsara in the week i fitted the fan but its not wired in and would like know what relay and fuse i need to wire it in.

i have asked this question on the land rover forums but not had any answers as yet.

cheers graham

what xsara is it off, the citroen/peugeot td/hdi usually run 3x relays for 2x fans.
the fans operate for the A/C also.

Forget the citroen wiring as a fan is a fan. connect to the landrover wiring.
Is there no landrover wiring for a fan?

what xsara is it off, the citroen/peugeot td/hdi usually run 3x relays for 2x fans.
the fans operate for the A/C also.

Forget the citroen wiring as a fan is a fan. connect to the landrover wiring.
Is there no landrover wiring for a fan?

Hi bridges

i am not sure as the car was in a scrapyard and most of the badges were missing but it was from a xsara estate not people carrier and it was a petrol 4 cylinder and only had one fan both the reg plates were missing as well i know the wiring went to a multi plug that was secured through the front panel and the wiring from the fan had two wires one white and one green i think. hope this helps.

graham

Hi bridges

i am not sure as the car was in a scrapyard and most of the badges were missing but it was from a xsara estate not people carrier and it was a petrol 4 cylinder and only had one fan both the reg plates were missing as well i know the wiring went to a multi plug that was secured through the front panel and the wiring from the fan had two wires one white and one green i think. hope this helps.

graham

sorry forgot to say there isn't any wiring for a fan other than what i have put in for the fan as the land rover is 1960s.

graham

i managed to get a 30 amp relay and fuse and wired it all in today and it works great here are some pics

graham

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 008.JPG