General Cinquecento Headlights touching engine

Currently reading:
General Cinquecento Headlights touching engine

drpancho

Hi everyone.
I have a new (to me) 96 Cinquecento Sporting .... I was looking at all the mess in the engine bay, and noticed that the headlights actualy touch the engine.
Is this just because headlights are junk ( DEPO ) ... or should I be looking at something else ( engine mounts or other) ?

Attachments

• 20220114_221304.jpg
    20220114_221304.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 25

dac69er

Looks like your cambelt cover isn't fitted correctly for a start.

You also have the lights that suit the auto level adjusters which is the bit that is touching the cover.
I'm not sure how close those fixings sit to the cambelt cover anyway? Perhaps someone with the auto level adjusters can clarify.

OP
OP
D

drpancho

Looks like your cambelt cover isn't fitted correctly for a start
Hi , thanks for taking the time to reply .
I've noticed that also... I'm not sure if it's not fitted correctly or actually deformed ....
I'm waiting for the haynes manual to arrive to start the mechanical maintenance and I'll check the state of the cover while changing the cambelt.

OP
OP
D

drpancho

dac69er

You may struggle to find a headlight, but cutting of the plastic bits will do the trick.
However, they shouldn't be touching the cambelt cover anyway, so it could be a saggy engine mount or something causing the engine to be misaligned a bit?

OP
OP
D

drpancho

You may struggle to find a headlight, but cutting of the plastic bits will do the trick.
However, they shouldn't be touching the cambelt cover anyway, so it could be a saggy engine mount or something causing the engine to be misaligned a bit?
Hi mate, thanks for the input. You are all pointing at the things I thought could be the issue. I think that it also might be an issue with one or several mounts yes. I think they are still from 96 ....
So I'll take this step by step.
I'll look into the headlight first , and will check the mounts ( and cambelt cover) during the cambelt service.