General cinquecento gearbox trouble

Currently reading:
General cinquecento gearbox trouble

midwaybenjamin

just bought my self a chinquecento sporting it wont go in to 5th or reverse gear any ideas ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: chinquecento gearbox trouble

ADJUST THE CLUTCH CABLE OR REPLACE CLUTCH, CHECK GEARBOX OIL, CHECK THAT THE SYNCHRO MESH ISNT ON THE WAY OUT!

ps - no need to shout or make large text we arent deaf or blind

Last edited:

It'll be the dreaded third cable, the one that stops you getting reverse: either snapped, or bodged. Reverse inhibitor cable is the official title. Relatively easy fix.

Provided you can get into 1st etc. OK, it won't be the usual enemies, the clutch and clutch cable.

It'll be the dreaded third cable, the one that stops you getting reverse: either snapped, or bodged. Reverse inhibitor cable is the official title. Relatively easy fix.

Provided you can get into 1st etc. OK, it won't be the usual enemies, the clutch and clutch cable.

Sorry to jump on this thread but I was going to post one of my own about selecting gears - after trawling through the threads on here I was hoping for some pointers. I'm struggling with first gear and to be honest second and third are pretty poor too!

I plan to change the oil but is there anything else to help me get smoother changes other than adjust the clutch cable - I have a new clutch to go in asap and want to do it all at the same time!

Any help or pointers in the right direction appreciated (y)

Back