Technical Cinquecento 899cc head gasket

Currently reading:
Technical Cinquecento 899cc head gasket

carpman

hi all hope someone can give a bit of advice my head gasket as blow need help on changin it like head bolt torque settings what oder they come out and go back in do i realy need new bolt and any othing i might need to no cheers chris ps colud do with a step by step on how to have all the tools to do the job thanks again

You really need to buy a Haynes manual. It will give you all the info you need and with pictures. Definitly worth getting.

Ask for re-using headbolts, search for other threads, but there are two ways of looking at it, either you can or you can't. I will not be offering advice on this again as aparantly my opinion would mean I have to give you a warranty.

(note: i checked in the Haynes book and they state a list of parts that need replacing for new items..... head bolts was not on the list)

thanks for quick reply balidey
any chance of you lookin at the head bolt torque settings for me and what othere parts cheers

From memory (so don't use these figures until you get your own Haynes ;) )

The 1108cc engine is 30nm then 90 deg then 90 deg, but you must do them in the right order. And your engine may have different figures.

thanks for the reply maybe someone on here will post the right head bolt torque settings what oder they come out and go back in as iam abit shourt of £ at the moment to buy manual i no there cheap but every penny counts:D to me thanks all Cinquecento 899cc(y)

OK, i have checked the OHV engine, the head bolt torque IS 30nm, then 90 deg, then 90 deg. And the tightening sequence is as below (drawn as if its a head)

8 6 2 5 10
7 3 1 4 9

Which makes it all the same as the 1108 OHC engine. And if you have not yet taken the head off, make sure you undo the head bolts 1/2 a turn at a time and in the reverse order of the diagram above.

Back