General cinquecento 20 v turbo

Currently reading:
General cinquecento 20 v turbo

craig lowe

hi i am new to the forum.(y)
i have a cinquecento sporting and it is dieing, it needs a new engine. i was wondering if a 20v turbo would go in. if not why not.
cheers:devil:

There's a FAQ here regarding engine swaps, the only one that will "go in" without alot of work is the 1242 8v (Punto 60) Engine

regarding the 20v turbo... bear in mind the Bravo HGT's had to have wider wings put on to fit the engine, so there is no way the cinq will physically fit the engine under the bonnet, if you want to throw it in the back then well anythings possible, check this months practical performance car for a cossie engined cinq :cool: :p

rallycinq said:
I do believe the OP is trying to fit it in a cento, not a nutshell.

Cheers, just back from the boozer, hic.

D

LOL!! I think thats the funniest thing youve ever said on the forum D, better than the driving me nuts joke :D

this is one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions.

if you have the money and the skill to do it, anything will fit. although something that big is really a rear job only.

The only engine that fits perfect is the 1.2 Punto 60 engine but that still requires a few little bits and bobs doing (mainly to the exhaust system as it wont fit). other conversions done are the punto sporting 1.2 16V which will fit again but needs alot more work done to the wiring etc. 1.4 Uno Turbo engines have been put in but its a hell of alot of work and expensive and requires major rewelding of the inner arches and reshaping of other bits and pieces.

if you want power, stick in a 1.2 punto 60 engine and turbo it. Tuned, it would be good for 100-120hp

custard boy said:
its a bit more than that as it involves cutting and re-welding inner wings

It's a bit more than that again, m'afraid.

Just been outside with a tape measure. Marea 20v engine and box (same physical size as Coop 20vt engine) is approx. 8" wider than a Cinq engine and box, plus a lot taller and longer front to back. The mounts are completely different and the only way I'd suggest you could do it is to graft a Coupe or Marea / Bravo HGT complete front end including subframe onto a cinq. Then you'd have to try and blend some bodywork onto it.

Not really practical!

Bushboy said:
if you want power, stick in a 1.2 punto 60 engine and turbo it. Tuned, it would be good for 100-120hp

Just like me :D

Maybe after this afternoon (I will try my 40mm TB and Manifold Mod) I Could have 140 WHP (160BHP) with 1 bar boost. I've got 120 WHP allready with 178W Nm Torque (about 140 BHP and 210Nm Torque)

And believe me, I can't this power on the road, so why do you need some more than that.

A 1.2 engine with turbo mods gives u enough trouble to custumize. So don't buy a bigger engine like this. I you want you can bore the 1242 out to 1300cc or a bit more (but not much).

So it wont fit even if i cut the inner arches and bulk head. is the engine to wide to fit.I have done work like this before, i'v fitted a metro turbo engine in a mini that envoled cutting the bulk head back, so iv got the skills just need to know if it deffo not fit in the frount.

p.s can some one please tell me how to load my pics on to my thread.:bang: cheers

Back