General cinqucento sporting missfire

Currently reading:
General cinqucento sporting missfire

skinnyvinny

hi,i own a cinqucento sporting and i just changed the thermostat 2day and fixed a pipe leak going to the heater matrix.after i fixed them i put everything back including the airbox,but when i started it splutters and jerks when i drive even the exuast sounds like its blowing,could someone please help as i need to fix it as i want to sell the car.Thanks

When poking around, have you knocked off the vacuum pipe on the Map sensor? Its a pipe that goes from the ECU to the throttlebody.

skinnyvinny said:
is it a thin black wire that clips underneath a red circular thing inside the airbox mucca?

Nope :) Its a black tube about 3mm in diameter that goes from the right hand side of the engine bay (ECU) that goes onto a bit at the bottom of the throttlebody (which the airbox sits on).

skinnyvinny said:
thank you very much you are a lifesaver,thought i would have at to spend loads to fix it,i cant thank you enough, you know your stuff butt!!

you checked thats sorted the problem?
And no worries :)

skinnyvinny said:
yes put it back on and went for a spin around the block and its perfect,by the way how much and where did you get the side arch kit for your car they look awsome?

Great stuff (y)

The skirts on mine are fiat ones which arent in production anymore, but you can get replicas from www.fastfiat.com :)

OP
OP
S

skinnyvinny

o.k cheers butt,and another thing how much would i get for my car it is a 1997 r-reg bluey purpley colour only 43k on the clock,rear spoiler,abarth alloys like yours,completley standard,no rust,past every single m.o.t straight threw,4months tax and 10 months m.o.t still left on it?