Technical Cinq using up lots of water,help please!

Currently reading:
Technical Cinq using up lots of water,help please!

N344HLU

Hi
my poor battered sporting is drinking quite alot of water,however i can't see a leak anywhere.
Could it be a sign the head gasket is on its way out?The thing is i've checked the oil and it looks clear and ok.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Just because the oil is fine it doesn't mean the HG hasn't gone.

You could be leaking from a water channel straight into the cylinder and not touching a oil passage.

Hi ladz, wasn't here for a while,

how to detect head gasket is gone??

When I open valve cover(where the fresh engine oil is going in)while engine is running there's some pressure running out-is this normal, or could it be head gasket failure?? Water, oil, everything's fine, engine running with no problems.
And there's only small pressure in coolant sump while hot.

How long could engine run with bad gasket-what could happen later???

Thanks.

btw. fuel cons. around 7.2 ltr/100kms - city/motorways/reg. roads

Last edited:
Head gasket goes in one of several ways.

If it goes between an oilway and a waterway, then water in oil and emulsion.

If it goes between two bores, then lumpy idle

If it goes between a waterway and a bore, high pressure in the cooling system and water coming out the pressure cap.

If it goes between an oilway and a bore, then much pressure in the oil system.

In my experience head gasket is an effect rather than a cause.

Something happens somewhere else to cause the head gasket to fail.

make sure your cooling system is in good order. Check the radiator, the water pump, and all hoses.

Hoses may look ok when cold, but when warm and under pressure small hole develop and water comes out.

Make a regular check of the water level in the expansion tank, if it drops, refill and rebleed.

If it still drops, start looking before the car overheats.

Blown gasket can also lead to a warped cylinder head.

Cheers

D

maan, it's a science.. back to that rocker cover/crankcase - there should be under-pressure, or pressure when you open the oil cap???? there's no visible oil leak, and oil-level stick is on it's place. I have to be worry about that pressure??

back to topic-very small leak from radiator, few drops over night, and the bottom of radiator is a bit wet-u think it will be worse, or dont' care about this? is there any way to fix it without removing?(like some glue, or seal, which is going straight to coolant?? I know that few years ago there was something on the market).

Back