General Cinq top speeds

Currently reading:
General Cinq top speeds

philbo said:
thats impressive! :slayer:
however ive had 90+ out of my old engine 899 sx. that was on M6 toll. what a fantastic road! well worth £2.50. (y)
have yet to thrash the gonads off this latest engine across country but its a damm site nippier than the old one already. cant wait till the next course that sends me to the black country.:D

do like the M6 toll* ;) but you have to watch for the undercover cops on there :eek:

If it wasn't for the annoying flat spot at between 3-4rpm which i am getting, i can only get about 80mph out of my Cinq Sporting. Roll on McCrick Chip at the end of the month, which i have been told will get rid of the Flat Spot all together...Is this True?

quickest ive had out any of my cinqs is an indicated 110.. would have gone faster but i didnt wanna do any damage... unfortunalty that pkan didnt work and I blew a cam bracket and had the cinq off the road for a month which lead to the head gasket going too.. which lead to a 1242 conversion :D so all good in the end :eek:

fastest ive had out of the Uno turbo is an indicated 130 and it still had more to go, keeping up with a fiesta RS Turbo on the m25. he couldnt get away :D

gave up in the end as I didnt wanna run into any police and to be honest, it felt too fast for my liking in a 18 year old rusty car :eek: :p

Last edited:
Cinqsporting96 said:
Roll on McCrick Chip at the end of the month, which i have been told will get rid of the Flat Spot all together...Is this True?

Based on what others have said - yes

Interesting reading regarding max speed of a Cinq Sporting. Were the figures people quoted on a flat road or down a hill?

And with the 1242 conversion, how does the top speed increase then compared with standard?

I know the official top speed of the Cinq is about 90mph, and apparently there is a reason for this. The Italians have a law the restricts young drivers from having a car that does more than 90mph (not sure what that is in kph), and that's why the 1242 engine wasn't fitted in the first place :( But I'd have still thought that a Cinq Sporting would go faster than 90mph, so is there any sign of a rev limiter in the Cinq? :confused:

Sorry to infiltrate from Uno land, but my 999cc 1986 carburetor Uno can hit about 90mph on a flat road, though the slightest hill and that will drop to about 80 - 85mph. On a downhill stretch I've managed to see 106mph on the speedo, though as it's an old Fiat the speedo is probably exaggerating somewhat and the car felt rather 'flighty' :eek: :p

However, I'm looking at getting a Cinquecento Sporting possibly later this year so I can retire my Uno for a possible turbo conversion. I'd like something with similar performance to my old Uno, and the Cinq is the ideal candidate. Plus everyone who owns one tells me what fun they are (y)

Though I'm sure it wouldn't be long before I get tempted to drop in a 1242 ;)

mine did a signalled 94mph on the way home after i bought it (trying to keep up with Alex22) it hasnt gone faster since :(

for every bit that drops off the rusty exhaust, it looses a few mph :cry:

today was......

Attachments

• DSC00077.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 7
serin said:
mine did a signalled 94mph on the way home after i bought it (trying to keep up with Alex22) it hasnt gone faster since :(

for every bit that drops off the rusty exhaust, it looses a few mph :cry:

today was......

I'm selling my exhaust, NUDGE:rolleyes: NUDGE:p lol

yes, it helarous

you try to accelarate, and all you get is the car blowing at you :rolleyes:

those are the parts i was gonna ask about alex, but i got a bit sidetracked ;)

also, anyone got a standard front shock laying about? :chin:

....or a front seat, i need one of those too ;)

Back