Picture 029.jpg

Cinquecento Cinq Sporting

Introduction

Just got this 100% mechanically sound. Now thinking about looks and power increases!

I am very happy with the car now it runs, handles and brakes as it should but want more!

Power increases
GSR Induction kit - Like the induction noise and if I get a small increase then all the better
Full exhaust poss Supersprint - Once the standard one fails in service I will consider the change.

Looks
Considering the APEX -40mm kit - I am a little concerned over the speed bumps as there are loads by me but may be worth it if the handling is tighter than it is now.
Possibly get wheels cleaned up and painted satin black to give it a subtle look.
Possible Tints

Anyway I will start to enjoy it now working well.

Comments please on the upgrades?
looks good,

if your looking for even more power for a small price the mckritch is worth considering, better mpg and cures the flat spot that the induction wont.

40mm wont be too bad any lower any you need to seriously look out for speed bumps

when you planning on doing all this? keep us posted with pics (y)

Planning to do the mods over the next few months. Just considering "is it worth it" etc etc.

I want something a little different hence getting one of the smallest cars on the road...

Cinqster355 :slayer:

that referred to modding the car?

depends what you want from it, you want some thing different you have it.
you want some thing different and fast you only half have it.

Kris (y)

Kris

On reflection and working out the cost of the bits I think you are correct. I have the car which is different to most on the road. I shall keep it standard this way I have no insurance issues.

I like the car as it is but when you start reading what others have done it gets the juices going to mod your own.

I think the only thing I will do is get the wheels refurbed as they are a little scuffed. I would like them in a dark colour either satin black or anthracite but cant decide if this will look good or naff compared to a set of clean standard alloys.

Any thoughts?

Cinqster355

colour code you mirrors and handles, tint the windows, and get a nice exhaust , sorted (y)

Annoying thing is both the door mirrors are new. I brought genuine units but the Fiat dealership did not say they should be colour coded so I happily purchased these and bam! noticed they should be colour coded a few weeks later!

How best do you think I should code the mirrors? Myself with rattlers (spray cans) or professionally bearing in mind costs.

Cinqster355.

How best do you think I should code the mirrors? Myself with rattlers (spray cans) or professionally bearing in mind costs.

Cinqster355.

how best? proffesionally of course. (y) should be really cheap from a body shop.

could do it yourself of course, tis up to you. id get a quick quote first, may find its easier.

yay, another cento :)

I'd spray the wheels yourself, guy on here did, and they looked good, the spray the mirrors yourself with the same paint. A satin or matt will look great.

TAKE OFF THE UNLEADED STICKER :devil: Thats priority number one lol :p

If you like the induction noise but can justify the cost, consider drilling the airbox. Not something I would do, but will give it a beefier note.

Then run it for a while, see if ya like it in a years time, and if you do, take the money you've been saving as of now ;) and splash out on some nice mods!

Most importantly though, just enjoy driving it :)

Kristian

Then run it for a while, see if ya like it in a years time, and if you do, take the money you've been saving as of now ;) and splash out on some nice mods!

Kristian

Good advice(y) , everyone is quick to jump in and say get this and that then the car throws an hg a month in and your stuck if your allergic to spanners!

Although, uprated discs and pads plus new springs and shocks transform the driving experience making it faster and more vun whilst still using stock power.

Liam

yay, another cento :)

I'd spray the wheels yourself, guy on here did, and they looked good, the spray the mirrors yourself with the same paint. A satin or matt will look great.

TAKE OFF THE UNLEADED STICKER :devil: Thats priority number one lol :p

If you like the induction noise but can justify the cost, consider drilling the airbox. Not something I would do, but will give it a beefier note.

Kristian

Kristian

Defo on the unleaded sticker! I am taking this off it Saturday. Also DIY spraying the alloys satin black as well. Hopefully it will look good. I am going to get a price for a "pro" to paint the mirrors as they do look 100% better than the non sporting black type I have fitted...

Have the chance to get a cheap set of tints so I am considering this also. Just not sure if it is me (bling bling)

Also got the chance to buy secondhand Pipercross but I hear these are sh*te but it is cheap...

As soon as I have finished it on Saturday (sticker and alloys) I will post an updated picture on this thread.

Finally just got to say I love driving this little beast. I just cannot believe the fun you get from driving a Cinq around...:worship:

Good advice(y) , everyone is quick to jump in and say get this and that then the car throws an hg a month in and your stuck if your allergic to spanners!

Although, uprated discs and pads plus new springs and shocks transform the driving experience making it faster and more vun whilst still using stock power.

Liam

Liam
Defo not allergic to spanners. I am not saying Cinqs are unreliable but part of the fun of these cars are you can do loads of jobs yourself. The car is like a model car, it is that small and easy to work on.

I hear what you are saying regarding the brakes and suspension.

I contacted www.tuning.co.uk today to see if I could collect an APEX -40mm kit from them as they are literally next door to where I work. They said they are hit and miss to get hold of and would have a set in February some time!

Suppose it gives me time to look for secondhand kits in the classifieds etc.

I have noticed people saying do the GT upgrade on brakes. I am not sure why, I have just sorted my standard setup and the brakes are superb. I even have a perfect handbrake.

Cinqster355

Last edited:
I'll be the only one on the forum to say that I didn't like the GT brakes, best brakes I ever had were Tarox SJ discs and pads, standard size just more grippy and same predictable feel. Only £100 too.

I'd avoid 2nd unless really new really, cinqs not being so popular tend to have stuff made on request rather than being in stock ala corsa/paxo.

Liam

As promised I have included the bits I have done today.

First was to take the pin stripe off, second remove the unleaded petrol sticker and finally paint the wheels satin black.

Priced up the mirrors to be painted red and decided I can do a decent job at a fraction of the cost. Will get the correct colour match and paint from main dealer and get them done next weekend.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 33
Back