General Cinq Sporting Seat 'Snapped'

Currently reading:
General Cinq Sporting Seat 'Snapped'

namb

Hi,

Anybody managed to make an effective repair to a drivers sporting seat that's snapped at the top:( ? Is it an easy job or a pain. I've been told the top part of the frame fails on a weld? I'm going to attempt a repair this weekend (4/2/06), so if anyone has any tips....please feel free to drop hints and tips :idea: over the weekend.

Regards,
namb

Personally i would have thought it would be easy enough to buy a second hand drivers seat, probably wont cost much and be loads about in scrappies and maybe on ebay (y)

back to the original question.
on my other cinq the seat had snapped at the top so i removed all the cover and foam, grinded the seat up and welded it.
this wasnt easy as the metals thin and my seat was bent aswell but i managed to get it done and it seems pretty strong

namb said:
Hi,

Anybody managed to make an effective repair to a drivers sporting seat that's snapped at the top
Regards,
namb

It's not very hard. The trim in the seat is kind of odd, there are loads of tensioning strings, the seat frame itself is easy to weld up. You don't have to remove the seat back release handle the trim will tease around it. Mind you I got a mate who's an Aston Martin trimmer to pull the trim of the seat for me. It took him about 5 minutes to get it off, and 10 to put back. It may have looked easy because he's been doing it half his life!
Regards

Pete

AppleSei said:
Personally i would have thought it would be easy enough to buy a second hand drivers seat, probably wont cost much and be loads about in scrappies and maybe on ebay (y)

I wish it was as easy to find a new cinquecento sporting seat...they are like gold dust..most of them are already broken or ripped!

Guys,
All sorted:) ! Easy strip down and weld job. Metal very thin but all in all an easy job!
Regards,
namb

PS, Anyone who has broken seats, I'll have them! Might turn it into a little business.....'Nodding Seat Repairs Ltd!'(y)

Back