Technical Cinq rear brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Cinq rear brakes

Cheddar Man

oh aar that'll be it then
Did the rear brakes over the weekend as had no handbrake performance whatsoever - new brake shoes, linkage levers & handbrake cable (all genuine Fiat)...all works a treat now. (y)

Found this link was useful https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=1819
Not a comfortable job - the cable was a pig to thread through the rear suspension arms into the right position and can only get 2 clicks on the handbrake even on minimum adjustment on the cable adjuster (guess it'll ease up in time and allow me the magic 3 clicks).
Wasn't easy getting the nuts & washers back on the plastic housing where the pulley on the handbrake lever meets the cable (hands too big to reach up into the trans tunnel with nut & washer balanced on end of finger, lying upsidedown on cold garage floor getting bits in eyes etc etc)...anyone got any tips on making this balancing act a bit easier?

CM
:cool:

Cheddar Man said:
Wasn't easy getting the nuts & washers back on the plastic housing where the pulley on the handbrake lever meets the cable (hands too big to reach up into the trans tunnel with nut & washer balanced on end of finger, lying upsidedown on cold garage floor getting bits in eyes etc etc)...anyone got any tips on making this balancing act a bit easier?

I find a 6" extension bar and no wrench helps to get them initially seated (but I have spindly bugger fingers :)).

Or a bit of grease to stick the washer to the bolt....

As for generally making the job easier...wear some safety specs, as stuff just falls off rather than into your eyes :D. (Doing that whilst sealing an exhaust will result in you going to A+E :)...well, it caused me to go there as I couldn't see a bloody thing!)

I thought of putting a pit in the garage but the wife wouldn't like it as the freezer's in there too. And if I told her I was putting a four poster in the garage...

:rolleyes:

Back