General Cinq or Sei which one to go for?

Currently reading:
General Cinq or Sei which one to go for?

Wot 9-11 year old mark is a minter, so long as its has been looked after I'd expect some problems down the line:rolleyes:

The joys of classic motoring eh:D

Aye true, but they commenced production in the 60's. Cinq's only started in - what - '95? I've only ever thought of "classic" as referring to a car that commenced production at least 20 years ago - not that I don't consider the Cinq a classic car, I was only commenting that I'd never heard it said before

:D i was expecting that answer too ..

in the 60s mini were made by Austin, and later on by rover so :D

anyway, i wouldn't call cinq a classic either, but can't argue the fact that it is a classic in the making :0.

Ming

Do people call old shape mini classic ??? Well they do, and they only stop production in 2000/2001.

Thats so we can determin WHICH mini we are talking about:rolleyes:
BMW Binis or Minis:D

I class a classic if they no long make that car anymore so Cinq in my eyes is a classic, in the best possible way. Its kinder to call them classic's rather than 'lemons':D cars have feelings too;)

:nono::nono::nono:

Cinq has the cock, sei has the flaps

no, the Sei has a cock and the Cinq has flaps.

(its do with the heater control system, the Sei uses its cock to control waterflow to the heatermatrix where as the Cinq has full waterflow to it all the time and uses flaps to control airflow into the cabin via the matrix)

Over the last four months i have refurbished four cylinderheads from cinq and sei models which once finished i sell on ebay only one required a skim due to head warp after an overheat this particular heads thermostat was stuck closed as was one of the others, if in doubt change the thermostat. :)

Back