General Cinq or Sei which one to go for?

Currently reading:
General Cinq or Sei which one to go for?

La Rossa

Ok I have a 55s Punto at mo and I wanting something a little bit more cheeky but don't know if I should go for Cinq or Sei Sporting pref in Yellow or Black

Pros for Sei
Newer model, build qulity a bit better, looks nicccceeeeee in bright yellow
Cons for Sei
Still at good prices so no cheapies out there looking to spend about £600 max

Pros for Cinq
Bit older so within by budget, still cheeky looking enougth better in Yellow me thinks
Cons for Cinq
Head gaskets go on them all the time (I am I correct) build quality is some what friday afternoon?

What is everyone elses view, its gonna be a fun runaround and I can maintian most of the mechanicals my self but never done head gaskets before:eek:

I honestly do like them both just can't decide:confused:

Cons for Cinq
Head gaskets go on them all the time (I am I correct) build quality is some what friday afternoon?

What is everyone elses view, its gonna be a fun runaround and I can maintian most of the mechanicals my self but never done head gaskets before:eek:

I honestly do like them both just can't decide:confused:

Disagree.

HG's fail if the car is not looked after or it's very high miles.

I don't like how sei's look - too girly. Build quality is very similar.

Cinq's are much cheaper. Just be careful when looking at them as some do rot.

Last edited:
my sei is soo much better than my cinq. newer design. the sporting sei is fantastic fun.

:yeahthat:
the Sei is a fundamentally face lift Cinq with a different badge on the back...

As for the inevitable girl/boy thing - the Cinq has flaps, the Sei has a cock nuff said.

They both can rust in the same place and the HG issue, they cinq sporting and sei sporting both have the same engine, assuming they both SPI.

Also think about it, any car over 10 years old will need some major servicing, so if u go for the SPI sporting model there won't be much difference.

Sei do have a MPI version, but they are way outside your budget.

I personally would go for the cinq, as it doesn't look like a normal car anymore, hardly any car is in a square shape :). But there are many car that is similar to the sei like a bubble shape.

Last edited:
Cinq!! but then I am biased.

Yes, the sei looks much more modern than the cinq, I would imagine the drive in both cars in standard form would be very similar, possibly be quieter in the sei, and less of a raw feel.

Head gaskets, well in my opinion any car of a certain age with aluminuim head can suffer gasket fail, and not always due to lack of maintenence, I would have considered my car a low miler when I got it, full history, looked after and checked every week, gasket still went - luckily for this engine, its an easy fix.

of the two cars, I would say the sei is more aimed at females, have no idea why I feel that it is, but that said if I was to buy something as small as these cars but a bit newer, I would still pick the sei, over say, a ford Ka, or corsa.

so the cinq gets my vote (y), with the sei second :confused:

Well I am off to view a Yellow Cinq & Sei off e-bay this week and make my mind up. If I like the Sei more I could spend a little bit more and be happy if you know what I mean.

There are few to chose from at the mo so staying local.

I'll let you know what I decide
Thanks for all your input.(y)

Oh forgot to ask,
Do Cinqs & Sei have the RED key & BLUE key rule
Ta

See the FAQ for all the stuff on the keys.

Walk away from anything with rot in the boot area where the arches meet the floor (and/or around the rear seat belt mounts): both rot there, it's a swine to fix. That's usually the only place they rot extensively/expensively though.

All the girls I know prefer the Cinq and tend to winge if I turn up in a Sei.

So, Cinq is cooler, but 1.4 16v Seis are pretty cool, too! :D

Cinq! :D

Don't see many Cinq sportings but loads of Sei's so its a bit rarer and looks the business :slayer:

The only people who can best tell you which to go for are the people who have owned both and lived with both on a daily basis e.g. fingers et al

There are too many biased views when threads like this come up

Think levemir said it when he said they would both drive very similar. In fact he is way off. The sei is a lot different to drive especially through the gears, it isnt as 'notchy' as a cinq. In MPI seis its even more different

Its probably been said but its best to test drive the pair side by side and then go for which you like.

Last edited:
The OP said they have a punto 55.... this is the same engine as the cinq and Sei which meens there all as likely as each other to have a head gasket death. nothing to worry about anyway!

I would say cinq (but thats cos i own one)

but reallllly if its a car for daily use and little to no modding then get a sei. if you like to tinker then get a cinq.

my sei feels so much better to drive, it is an spi model sporting. switch gear is better and just feels newer.

Back