General Cinq - Is it just me or ...

Currently reading:
General Cinq - Is it just me or ...

bigjohnsona2

3 times i have had to fit a new cable now as the stuped brittle CAST Steel hook on the cable snaps off, (New and improved yer right)

Anyone know a way of stopping this? or know of a different type of cable?
Cant just be me can it?

And whats with the DRIVERS SEAT!! why does it wear out on that corner by the door? lol the passengers side if fine...
Can this be stopped?

anyone else had the Fan Switch only work on 3?

Excelent cars excelent econmy

????

Usually continual clutch cable problems indicate that the clutch release bearing is on it's way. Listen for a change in noise whilst idling and depressing the clutch pedal. If it whines a lot, change the clutch.

Drivers seat corner wears because:
A: drivers seat gets used more.
B: there's less room between the dash and the seat back due to the steering wheel!

To counteract... Slide your seat right back before you get in/out of the car and make a conscious effort not to rub the back of the seat as you get in!

Fan switch not working usually means the mechanism is knack'd. Get another one from a scrappy.

cheers

(y)

Cheers m8,
Lot of effort lol thrust bearing is brand new!

Just a common faults list wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same as me or anyone else spotted any common faults we should watch out for?

Clutch cable is a bad design and a broken cable is a very well know fault, even the unbreakable ones have been known to break I am on cable number 3too.

You can lenghten its life a bit by knocking the car into neutral at junctions rather than sitting with it in gear and your foot on the clutch. but I'm afraid that you will probably end up changing the cable somtime again in the future

Touch wood we've had a sporting 3 yrs now and all we have had to do so far is adjust the cable :confused: maybe were just lucky :p

Adyr said:
Touch wood we've had a sporting 3 yrs now and all we have had to do so far is adjust the cable :confused: maybe were just lucky :p

ooooooo you shouldn't say that :eek: saying that you have never had a clutch cable on a cinq Is as bad an actor saying the name of that Scotish play, brings bad luck

If i were you go and buy a spare asap now you have tempted fate ;)

Back