Technical Cinq Instrument Cluster removal

Currently reading:
Technical Cinq Instrument Cluster removal

saxohunter

Death to the saxo!
Any body done this before? I have just bought a LED conversion kit of Ebay but i have no idea on how to remove the speedo/instrument cluster.

Any help would be great(y)

Thanks bud, I have got the cowl off no bother its just the instruments that i'm having hassle with.Where abouts are the screws are they easy to spot.Is the speedo connected with a cable or is it electrical.

Thanks bud, I have got the cowl off no bother its just the instruments that i'm having hassle with.Where abouts are the screws are they easy to spot.Is the speedo connected with a cable or is it electrical.

You can't miss them TBH. It's a cable speedo too.

thanks guys.Is removing the cable just as easy as undoing it?

Sorry for the questions i just dont want to mess anything up

ok nice one,i'll have a go when the LEDS turn up and get the pics posted.Might even do a "How 2" for everybody

There are two different Cinq clusters.

One with an angled cable, one straight.

You should feel the wee spring clip on the bottom of the cable port that you pull towards you to release the cable.

Cheers

PD

cheers,mine is the striaght one,i had a feel round the back (ooooh er) when i was replacing some blown bulbs on the heater controls

This topic was very hulpful to me and to clarify the subject I've added some pictures.

IMG_0082.JPG

Above: 5 screws to dismount part of dash. (3 below and 2 near clock)

IMG_0080.JPG

Above: How your speedo cable is connected to instrument cluster. (LHD '96 Cinquecento)

IMG_0076.JPG

Above: Speedo cable unlocked position.

IMG_0077.JPG

Above: Speedo cable in locked position. (To unlock push white lock in direction of firewall. Should go pretty easy.)

My 2 cents....

Koen

P.s. If you don't know how to remove the instrument cluster itself immediately stop being a DIY mechanic and call the dealer ;)

Back