Technical cinq clutch cable

Currently reading:
Technical cinq clutch cable

hi there, im not very technical or mechanically minded but il try my best to explain...

i recently got a haynes manuel and thought ild try and be a clever clogs and change my clutch cable myself :D

i managed to undoe the big long bolt bit, i then undone the nuts that hold the little metal plate on, but then i couldnt get the metal question mark looking thing out from the hole, i couldnt even see it so i stated tugging at the wire and it still wouldnt come, by this time it was getting dark and cold so i but it back together and thought ild come and ask for a little help (y)

basically, how do i get 'the metal question mark looking thing' out from the hole and then put the new one back in?

alex

It should have a split pin securing it in place.

Remove the passenger seat (4 bolts, less than 5 minutes work) you can then lie on your back in the passenger footwell and with a torch you can see what you're doing.

The metal plate has 2 10mm nuts holding it to the bulkhead ( which I think you've removed), after that it's removing the 'question mark' from the quadrant. You'll need to remove the split pin first then it will just pull out.

The metal plate has 2 10mm nuts holding it to the bulkhead ( which I think you've removed), after that it's removing the 'question mark' from the quadrant. You'll need to remove the split pin first then it will just pull out.
yep, i undone the 2 nuts, but i didnt no there is a split pin, where is that, what does it look like and where does it hide?

alex

The 'question mark looking thingy', as you so eloquently put it, has a hole in the end of it yes? The split pin goes through that and holds it to the other part of the clutch mechanism inside the passenger footwell, apparently is easily accessible in a Cinq.

Back