General cinq brakes

Currently reading:
General cinq brakes

i went out fora little drive in my cinq, i couldnt get used to the pedals their so small i kept pressing the accelerater when i was pressing the brake at the same time. anyways i thought i would test out the brakes so i was doing around 40mph i slammed on ............................................................................................................................. around 5mins later my cinq finally stopped :eek:
anyone got any ideas on making the brakes more sharper??

thanks alot kris(y)

GhostWKD said:
remember brake fluid does need to be changed also every 5 years or so as water can get in the system, this could be another cause?

Try every 2 years if you want the efficiency to be at its best, as brake fluid apart from Silcone brake fluid is hydroscopic , i.e. it absorbs water from the atmosphere so the brake peddle gradually becomes more and more spongy over time but you are not aware of it. There are many articles on the net about brake fluid and how boiling points drop quickly with eth more water that is absorbed by the fluid.

The Cinq brakes at best are crapola, and thats my honest assesment of them, I have never driven a car with such poor brakes, even my 1971 Beetle with drums all round stopped quicker, ok maybe not but not far off it ;)

if i were to buy a new bit of hose from fiat that goes to the brake servo from inlet manifold, would it actually fit nice and easily - or are they always a pain in the arse to fit. ive got some reinforced rubber hose there at the moment. i don't wanna keep that there though.

As long as you have 14inch wheels on it you can always stick a set of calipers and discs from a bravo on there. Straight swap. 240mm to 256mm.

Back