Technical Cinq 899cc Won't Start - help me please!

Currently reading:
Technical Cinq 899cc Won't Start - help me please!

Hi, I've just bought a Cinq 899cc. It drove home ok, but the next day it won't start. The starter motor works and the engine turns over. Sometimes it will idle (but very lumpy) on 2 or 3 cylinders but not 4. Sometimes it won't idle at all. The engine stops on it's own every time though.

The only thing that has been done to the car since getting it home is putting petrol in it.

I've been reading this forum to try and find the answer, but i'm just getting confused. I took the hose off the MAP sensor and blew through it, so it's not blocked.

Any Ideas?

Im thinking Head gasket Im afraid.

Look under the oil filler cap for presence of mayo.
Check the coolant and hope it doesnt smell of oil.

Try taking out the sparkplugs and cranking the engine and hope that a 5ft spurt of water doesnt up on your driveway!!

Hi,
Check the plug leads and plugs first, may just be a bad connection somewhere.....oh 899cc engines are prone to breaking earth cables, make sure the battery-body-engine earth cable is all pressent and correct, if all ok go around the engine bay wiggling multi-plugs looking for a loose connection, can of wd40 can be handy too, spray it the coil pack and plug leads....

Thanks
Paul T

Back