General cinq 1.1 sporting

Currently reading:
General cinq 1.1 sporting

gixerstevie

Hi all

My mums cinq 1.1 sporting, has a few problems.
It started with cutting out, leave it for a few mins then it would restart, i had to put a new head on as old cam had died.
when trying to start it was over fueling, but seemed to sort itself out, i changed the cranckshaft sensor it run fine then died.
now its over fueling again and wont start, if u unplug the injector it trys to start with lots of back firing though the injector body..
please help

it had a headgasket done and it blocked the oil way to the cam, will change the temp sensor as i have a spare.
thank you for the quick reply

Hi

If it is overfuelling has it been left idle for a month or two?
If it has leave the injector in neat kerosine or petrol injector cleaner for 48 hours...
If the oil level is either above the max mark or seems very thin replace it and the filter immediately, the crank & main bearings will just dissappear, rebuild engine or replace time...

Noel

hi
no its not been left for months,it only seemed to start over fueling after i changed the head

hi
no its not been left for months,it only seemed to start over fueling after i changed the head

OK, that would lead me to strongly suspect that the lead to the injector is earthing out -- inspect it for pinching, etc. The injector is switched on the earth side, so if the insulation is damaged it'll stay open.

Also check that the pipes to the throttle body are attached correctly (diagram in the Guides).

Back