Tuning cinq 1.1 dyno

Currently reading:
Tuning cinq 1.1 dyno

Had the cinq on dyno today. Some nice figures rolled out.
80hp and 110nm at the crank.

index.php

Speclist:
38mm tb
ported inlet manifold
ported and skimmed head.
866 cam at 5 degree advance
adjustable panda ignition
4-2-1 exhaust, no cat, 50mm tube
stock ecu

That is a nice flat torque curve. And the power is not all peaky either. You've built a very nice engine.

Nice!

What are the side effects / down sides of running 5 degrees advance with the cam? Could you do this to a stock engine with an 866 and a vernier pulley? Emissions worse or something?

If there are 36 teeth on the pulley then moving it one tooth adjusts it by 10°. That's too much.

There are timing marks on the flywheel. don't know about teeth but it works:p

OK... The only thing I can read from this is that you set the flywheel at 5 degrees before putting the cam belt on? If so, then bad news - either your cam timing is at 0, or at -20 degrees. Without vernier pulley the timing is adjustable by only jumping the belt one teeth either way and that would be the bespoken 20 degrees (1/36 teeth on the cam wheel times 720 degrees).

Unless you did something else of course ;)

well that's what i've done, So if i understand it's not camtiming i changed?
Learned something today ;)

No, you have changed the cam timing. By using an offset woodruff ke, you have advanced the cam timing by a small amount.

I believe that advancing the cam timing should increase bottom end output at the expense of peak power. To get 80BHP with some cam advance, you've done very well.

I am still confused, where did the woodruff key come from? Leon did not mention it...

Back