Ciggy lighter in boot/alternative power source

Currently reading:
Ciggy lighter in boot/alternative power source

L

lozz

trying to run my power inverter in the boot so i can power my PS2, does anyone have any hints or tips of the best way/place to wire the ciggy lighter into or know of a better way to power the power inverter, any help would be greatly appreciated

Lozz

Are you trying to power the inverter by using the ciggy lighter wires?

Daz

chop the cig lighter off, it wont handle the power draw very well,
i`d run a new cable thru, or splice into to your amp power if the cables big enough too.
I dont advise running it off the cig lighter for prolonged periods, cos its not man enough for the job.

Pete

BravO 1.8 GT (Import)
T reg 1999
Abarth Kit, Leather, Power Flow Cat back,
Sparco Strut Brace, JBL Sub, Crap amp!

BlackBravo.jpg

lol cheers pete, read in a thread before about this and Daz mentioned a 'Dizzy block'? what exactly is a dizzy block? is it just a distribution block?

Lozz

yep, one wire in say a gauge 2 and two gauge 4 wires out of it.

Pete

BravO 1.8 GT (Import)
T reg 1999
Abarth Kit, Leather, Power Flow Cat back,
Sparco Strut Brace, JBL Sub, Crap amp!

BlackBravo.jpg

If you have an amp in your boot, run it off that cable...

Ciggy light wiring is only about 10A and may buckle under the pressure.

Daz

Hey lozz can you let me know where you are putting your ps2 please mate. I just ordered my 8" flip down monitor but im looking for the best place to put the ps2 in my brava.

Either under the dash on the passenger side (make brackets for that) or under the rear seats (but i think it would overheat as there isnt much ventilation there.)

Is there a standard as to how much ventillation it needs, whether i need an extra fan or something?

Playstation 2 wont fit under the back seats in a bravo, unless you get the slimline PS2. It wont fit well under the dash either. Believe me iv tried.lol

yeah i'm going to build the ps2 into the side of my boot build

Lozz