General Cigarette Lighter

Currently reading:
General Cigarette Lighter

Roofledge

Tried to take the plug out of the back of the cigatette lighter on my mk2b today and it wouldn't come out, is there a special way for it to come out or is it just me:shrug:

No, I don't know how they get it in. Must mould it in place? Even if you unclip it, it is bigger than the hole on both sides so it's impossible to get out without breaking anything :(

I broke the clip on mine so it's loose now

Unscrew the console, move if forward about 5-10 cm taking care not to pull the wires. Looking at the plug from the top, the clip is on the right side (on the white piece of plastic). Simply push it in towards the middle of the plug and wiggle it out.

People with thick sausage like fingers might struggle a bit as you need fairly thin fingers / hands to access the space because it is a tight fit :p.
It can be got out with a bit of work - I do it fairly regularly when modding the console..

Unscrew the console, move if forward about 5-10 cm taking care not to pull the wires. Looking at the plug from the top, the clip is on the right side (on the white piece of plastic). Simply push it in towards the middle of the plug and wiggle it out.

People with thick sausage like fingers might struggle a bit as you need fairly thin fingers / hands to access the space because it is a tight fit :p.
It can be got out with a bit of work - I do it fairly regularly when modding the console..

Mine was too wide at the back with nothing to push in :confused:

Sorry guys I didn't explain properly..What I meant was the wiring plug that goes into the back of the lighter, its that I can't get out!:bang:

Back