Technical Chugging in the low revs during acceleration

Currently reading:
Technical Chugging in the low revs during acceleration

Wallman

To cut a long story short, I recently got my Bravo (1.2) its winter service. Straight after I drove 300 miles. Over the past week during acceleration the car chugs/kangaroos/jolts until the revs are over 2000, after which the car performs fine (this applies to all gears). I checked the oil level and found that it was over the max level. So after draining some oil out to restore it to a normal level the problem still remains. Whether the oil level and the problem are related I don't know, but any diagnosis would be appreciated.

kevzy

hi mate i had this problem on my car for ages!! few weeks ago i changed the cam belt, fan belt, spark plugs, water pump, ht plugs and a new coil pack. then the problem went.. so can be any of the above names there.

The Sultan

Bravo 1.8 HLX FTW
most likelly the leads are susceptible to wear if plugs are not changed often enoughth take them all out of the head and inspect for burning marks on them or it may simply be old plugs

RustyBravo

www.singforyourcity.co.uk
This happened on mine a couple of weeks ago. Chances are it could be misfiring. Check your HT leads cos that's what mine was