Styling Chrome Speedo Rings

Currently reading:
Styling Chrome Speedo Rings

MagnaMorbius

Does anybody know where I can find Chrome Speedo Rings for the Bravo? I think the Marea ones are the ones that fit it, but I can't find any on eBay, or Google, and the Reg Vardy near me are so crippingly inept, they couldn't find their bum with both hands, so they aren't much use. I doubt a scrappy would be willing to dismantle the dashboard, and buying a complete speedo assembly for just the rings seems a little OTT.

Any suggestions?

Im Putting together a group buy of speedo rings! the rings are 49 euros b4 discount plus p&p and are MK2 only

Im Putting together a group buy of speedo rings! the rings are 49 euros b4 discount plus p&p and are MK2 only

Just done some on mine in the middle of the week:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Bought from http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8025176145&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Where'd you get your dials done? Silver looks amazing (and I thought my white ones looked good, but those are something else) - are they custom done (can they done another set with a different logo?)

Chrome Rings & Accessories

I've just spotted these rings on ebay for the Bravo MK1, but still nothing for the MK2. Still, they're about £20 delivered, so if you're on the MK1, why not put on something different?

Although, if anyone has one of the MK1's, does your speedo and rev counter have a flat bottom?

A lad from BOO ordered a couple of sets for himself from a german site. You could get custom logo's done. As he had a set spare and wanted white for his he sold me the silver set

All MKI dials have the flat bottom and analogue milometer. MKII are round with digi milometer

Hey, Wimmy, is there anything you don't know about the Bravo? I'm almost convinced that you helped design the thing...

Where can you get custom dial backs made, then, anyone?

I've already got the Ben B white dials, but I want the inside of my car to be silver and blue - got some blue neon's in the footwell and in the doors, so they shine on my speakers, got the chrome gear shift surround, and I want the speedo rings to complete my ensemble...

Hee hee - sounds like my old set up (and what Bravissimo 2 will be like before Donny).

I will try and find the place that did the custom dials. However, I remember Nico having a bit of hasske from them. They didnt have a template for the UK version (mph as opposed to kmh). Not as simple as doing a conversions as the whole clock unit works different on the continent as opposed to the UK. He had to send his dials to use as a template.

Also - the HGT speedo is different to other models. 150 mph on HGT 140 on all others.

(and do I really know everything? Naaaa)

Bravissimo 2? Why, what happened to Bravissimo 1? Is it going to be like "Bravissimo 2 - The Bravo Strikes Back!"?

Anyway, Kev, you said you were putting together a group buy - will these work for the MK2, and where are you planning to get them from?

A quick eBay search turned up these bad boys:

MK1

MK2

That should satisfy the chrome ring hunters around here, I'm hoping.

One other thing, though - I've seen some rings that go on the console, round the heater controls, etc - anyone know where to find them?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
MagnaMorbius said:
Bravissimo 2? Why, what happened to Bravissimo 1? Is it going to be like "Bravissimo 2 - The Bravo Strikes Back!"?

Anyway, Kev, you said you were putting together a group buy - will these work for the MK2, and where are you planning to get them from?

Bravissimo1 went at the weekend. 130k on a 1.2 wasnt bad and she was still running sweet. Just got tempted with a 5 cylinder 20v variety at a price that suited me. She looks like Bravissimo 1 already on the outside. Same side skirts and spoiler, light masks and tints all round. Slightly different rear and axhaust and the interior to be done before Donny

5 pot 20 valve? You've got the HGT? Fairy nuff - seems to me, though, that a two litre should be able to ring out more than 155 BHP as standard.

Anyway, where'd you get those sweet chrome to black tints that the original Bravissimo had? Were they on all windows except the front? What was their light transmission? They looked the absolute dogs!

Back