Chris Knott Insurance

Currently reading:
Chris Knott Insurance

B

Bravo WP51

Well I have just taken up a policy with Chris Knott having 6yrs NCB, I am TPFT for £300 with protected NCB.
I declared to the woman I have tinted windows and she said thats fine, I took the policy, paid for it on the spot and have just received the papers to sing and show proof of NCB. Where it states modifications it has none, I rang up and the woman said it's fine... They have it on their computers it does not have to say it on documentation. I said the Police will want proof she said it's non of their business only as long as the car is insured. If I have a crash it has nothing to do with the tints.

What do you knowledgeable guys think??

As long as the insurer has the details of all mods it shouldn't matter.

In the end of the day its the insurance company who pays out - so if they say everything is fine, its fine!

insybrava6.jpg

Brava: Mar 99 1.9TD / 48,500 miles
Coupe: Feb 97 20V N/A / 131,000 miles

Ok Thanks

I just thought I should have it down in documentation as when I was with Endsleigh I had it. Now they are saying they have it but I dont need it.

it should state it on your policy schedule. otherwise i would query it.

and if you get any problems keep a note of the time and date and who you spoke to who said it was fine cause if there is any come backs you have the infomation to get the call listend to and it will show that they said it is ok and then it is down to the broker.

you can also request a copy of the telephone conversation to be sent to you if you have any issues and they cant say no ;)

SIG1.jpg

I agree with Dave on this aswell. You aint got a leg to stand on if you say, the insurance company said it was fine. All my mods are declared on the policy with LV.

BannerX.jpg

reg.gif

For Sale: Fiat Bravo JTD HLX LINK
Fiat Bravo Foglight Surrounds, Frosted Side Repeaters, Chrome Numberplate Surrounds, Switch Panel, Bravo & Marea Workshops Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual on CD, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...
Contact me for more details.

Ring them up again. Chances are you'll speak to someone else. Get another opinion effectively.

insybrava6.jpg

Brava: Mar 99 1.9TD / 48,500 miles
Coupe: Feb 97 20V N/A / 131,000 miles

with LV, my docs came in always saying what components had been modified. It wasn't specific but did say something like

modifications: suspension, brakes, spoiler, bodykit, alloy wheels, window tints, induction/carburettor, interior, stereo

i'd be wanting the same from flux.

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

well tbh it would make me wonder.

all who are insured with them please check your docs and see if they are all declared on there.

its one thing saying they are declared and what is covered is another story.

SIG1.jpg

Blimey Dave, you really have got it in for Chris Knott ! Have you got some personal vendetta against them ? I know you work in the industry, but are you telling me no-one in your organisation has done what you allege CK to have done ?

One poor experience with them does not make them a bad company. In my dealings with them, they have been exemplary in every respect. Much better than dealing with some call centre monkey.

As ever, someone has a bad experience and the whole organisation must be rotten to the core.

I suggest that everyone makes up their own mind.

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

exciter.gif

i havnt got it in for this company tbh.

ok maybe i have been coming on a bit strong. but if your modifications arnt on your docs and you get pulled by the police they can do you for driving without insurance and crush your car.

cause the police wont just take your word for it.

im just making sure people are careful as its a bit of a gray area. and you wouldnt want to be done with a in10 and 6 points and no car.

chris Knott

well to answer all questions, the same nite i e-mailed the c knott and tld them i want documentation stating i have tints and am insured 4 them. Friday morn i got a call from the bolshy woman sayin it will not show i have to write it on and sign it. A ltr came today to confirm my request. They are aware i have tints and they are not able to put this on the declaration form. So at least i have a ltr stating this and i have recorded the dates and times as advised by yourselves. Thanks chaps i will let u know the full outcome once i have signed and sent the forms back. P.S:- if my spellin is bad its because i am using my phone and not a PC! N95!!

If you've got a letter from them, and its dated, then you should be covered if there are any queries. Just make sure you keep the letter together with your certificate of insurance

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Hi
Tim from Chris Knott's here!

Just to clarify the situation above....

No proposal forms actually allow us to state mods on them due to the software that prints them out.

However, I recommend that you just cross out the 'no' & insert 'yes' and state the mods next to it.

This means that we receive the form back with the mods on it. The proposal form acts as the contract of insurance and is referred to should a claim arise. Therefore it isn't stated on the policy schedule, and never has been yet the scheme insurers have been covering modded cars for years.

I would also encourage you not to worry about the police regarding mods. They are only concerned whether you are insured or not. In 20 years of working here, I have never had the police ring us up querying mods on a car - only whether there is valid insurance.
Mods are only the concern of the insurance company.

If you have any individual concerns in the future, just let me know through this forum.

Kind regards
Tim
Chris Knott Insurance
Official Fiatboo insurance scheme
0800 917 2274

Thanks for clearing that up Tim :)

It's good to have you on here :)

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

blackcelebration.gif

CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

No problem. I get on as much as I can.

Kind regards
Tim
Chris Knott Insurance
Official Fiatboo insurance scheme
0800 917 2274

CN Insurance

I'd just like to ask if you got yourself a quote from CN with Comprehensive cover rather than TP&T.

To me , this seems a little on the pricey side for your 6yrs NCD .
Do you have many other 'mods' than just window tints?

I just insured my Bravo with CN, (after playingg of Flux) but got a great FComp cover with all my mods included. Whilst on the phone to the woman you say (Kim) I asked for future referrences about chipping me ecu, and she said it'll probably only raise my premium by £20 !!

Now, ok my Bav's a 1.2, but with FComp I paid in full £250, with 3pts for speedin ( yup in my 1.2!) protected ncd etc etc. 200 excess. I was happy at that.

My motto is check for a FC quote, you'll prob find it not much more dollar, and at least if you have a smash, you're fully protected.
The ins co's do oten have a 30 day get out clause, so you may upgrade.

:)