Chris Knott Insurance :)

Currently reading:
Chris Knott Insurance :)

When I was calling around i called chis knott insurance for a 2nd car insurance quoting the fiat boo discount.

they gave me a good price one which i was going to pay in full for in the circ of 750 quid in january. i then asked the lady who sounded like she didn't want to talk to me and wanted to be somewhere else... if i could have it in writing so i can have a read over the quote. she replied with

"We are not entering a Dutch market; I won't send you the quote out in the post so you can just go to another company"

now whoa whoa there lovie... if you won't send the quote out in the post that's a breach of FSA regulations where i am entitled to have a written copy of a insurance quotation sent out and you're not allowed to refuse.

i personally work for a big insurance company and the minute i got that response it wasn't worth my time arguing the fact so i just said ok don't worry il go elsewhere.

to be honest a sales advisors job is to bring business into the company and it didn't look to good by me getting that response and lost out on 750 quid of business.

so i went back and told my boss what happened and i got insured for 650 full comp with a lower excess and he said what they told you was wrong.

End of.

Dave

SIG1.jpg

That sounds nothing like the experience I had with them. The guy I spoke to was great, really helpful and sent everything out to me in the post, without me asking for it.

I imagine you probably got some sour cow with an urge to go home after a bad day ;)

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

exciter.gif

I have to say that the guys at chris knott really are great, they managed to push my insurance down to £500 :) everyone else was quoting 800 ish with elephant cheapest at 550, very impressed

well it was around 11am, so no real excuses there. just found her really unhelpful and well when it comes to handing over money, id expect to get a good service.

i called up about 15 minutes after that conversation with her and got through to a helpfull gentleman and he said he would get the quote out to me .. i thought ok fair do's.

i then got a call on my mobile about 2 minutes later with a very agresive sounding woman who talked down to me as if i was thick and said "i allready told you i wasnt sending you out a quote " so thats not the kind of service id like my business to be fronting.

Dave

SIG1.jpg

Bloody hell Dave, you got a right nutter there. Yo need to find out who that was, and complain. She had no right or reason to phone you and tell you off like that! Thats just abuse for no good reason. probably sour because she was losing out on the commission, although that is generally the only way to top up pretty basic pay packages.

Anyone know if the do bikes? (and under the BOO discount? lol)

you wanan speak to Dave about bike insurance ;)

I'd write a letter of complaint!!

Personally I'm with Adrian Flux this year... I rang Chris Knott and told him what the other quote was and he said he couldn't beat that but he'd try. He phoned back 2days later and said the best he could do was £500 more & wouldn't offer the same level of cover.

Was a very short reply back... but if he'd spent 2 days trying to beat it and come back with nothing he was prob a little pissed off :)

style5,TommyK.png

Tommy K - Have you got the Bottle!!

not being funny tommy, but he prob forgot to ring you ... and then remembered and told u that he had been trying for 2 days. it takes about 4 minutes to refer over and get a price agreed so i dont see why it takes about 2 days.

Dave

and i work in car insurance now but we do bikes.. buzz gimme a knock on msn :)

i've given all the Daves on my contact lita message. lol. I dont know which Dave i'm supposed to be speaking to, hehe. Cheers

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

Looks like you all have been done

I drive a 2000 fiat bravo 1.6 trofeo and also have a 2006 Fiat Punto sport both have usual mods k&n filters etc. Have declared accidents and went to Admiral and got a dual car policy fully comp with 100 pound excess, protected no claims and hire car if any other bumps all for 339.89 . Oh and you don't need to be a member of any site. Like to see any company beat that.

Chris Knott

Well I have just taken up a policy with Chris Knott having 6yrs NCB, I am TPFT for £300 with protected NCB.
I declared to the woman I have tinted windows and she said thats fine, I took the policy, paid for it on the spot and have just received the papers to sing and show proof of NCB. Where it states modifications it has none, I rang up and the woman said it's fine... They have it on their computers it does not have to say it on documentation. I said the Police will want proof she said it's non of their business only as long as the car is insured. If I have a crash it has nothing to do with the tints.

What do you knowledgeable guys think??