Technical Choke bits???

Currently reading:
Technical Choke bits???

jamiewilson

Cinq For The Win!
Got a K57i induction kit, so the piping that goes from the old airbox to this bit (see pic) had to be taken away. I've had a look at this bit and it doesn't seem to attach to anything!

Am i right in thinking its something like the automatic choke? Cause it's got the hot air tube coming in from the exhaust manifold and cold air form the front, then i presume the thermostatic vacuum switch (which was in the old airbox) would tell the choke which kinda air it needed.

But if the pipe that went from this into the airbox is no longer there, is there any point to it? I know it's not doing any harm, but i'd rather tidy up my engine bay if i could, no point in having useless parts sitting around - putting extra seconds on my 1.4 mile times! lol.

All this also means - does the K&N not mess with the engine? Effectively it will mean it has no choke?

I'm planning on getting the GSR when i get money, so wondering do people that have the GSR take this stuff out aswell??

Thanks

Jamie

Attachments

• DSC00488.JPG
    DSC00488.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 19
The little black tube that goes from the trunking to the airbox is removed altogether, erm IIRC it goes to the underside of the box to the pink sensor thingy, remove that one and plug the brown one with the supplied screw.

Liam

Back