Chest cartilage??

Currently reading:
Chest cartilage??

anyone had to deal with an injury on their Chest cartilage??

been off work for a week so far and its really slow healing.anyone got advice on anything i can do or not do to heal faster?
taking ibuprofen

problem is its easily hurt.eg ive got a bit of a cold and every cough or sneeze hurts like a biatch.
cant sit back on a seat and getting comfy for sleeping is tricky.
however im sitting here and typing away no problems or pain :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for you, I know what it is like. I had this as well and to be honest it made you feel like you were having a heart attack.

My advise is to spend some money of physio therapy, I waited a few months before getting some thinking it would get better but it didn't. Also be very very careful about what you do, you make think it is better and lift something heavy and it suddenly comes back.

I had it on and off for a couple of years before it started to really heal. I still get it now and again, but the physio gave me some excercises which makes it heal quickly.

I did it by grabbing someone who was falling overboard in yacht race, I grabbed the guard wire with one hand and his lifejacket with the other and it stretched my chest. The guy weighed at least 17-18 stone and I felt something in my chest pop.

I feel sorry for you, I know what it is like. I had this as well and to be honest it made you feel like you were having a heart attack.

My advise is to spend some money of physio therapy, I waited a few months before getting some thinking it would get better but it didn't. Also be very very careful about what you do, you make think it is better and lift something heavy and it suddenly comes back.

I had it on and off for a couple of years before it started to really heal. I still get it now and again, but the physio gave me some excercises which makes it heal quickly.

I did it by grabbing someone who was falling overboard in yacht race, I grabbed the guard wire with one hand and his lifejacket with the other and it stretched my chest. The guy weighed at least 17-18 stone and I felt something in my chest pop.

well no money,if its ongoing i maybe able ot get physio through work.
i did mine at my krav class :eek: ground fighting with a guy (who i later found out)who wrestled for years.got in me in a dead hold.it hurt but the real pain didnt kick in till a few days later.
i worked for another 5 days as i assumeed it was just muscle pain

Yep, that's what happened to me. I felt a click in my chest but it didn't hurt. 2 or 3 days later we went on holiday and I woke up in the morning with a constant ache which got worse over the week. I spent most of the holiday sitting down or in bed.

Then it came and went for months and months until I went to get physio. You should get it on the NHS, but the waiting times are quite long. Fortunately our work insurance paid for 5 sessions of it, which was about
£350.00.

Don't leave it if it doesn't heal, I made that mistake and it just got worse.

Last edited:
I've had this, I either hit my chest off the steering wheel or it was the belt but anyways it hurt like a biatch everytime I moved, breathed in/out, laughed etc etc etc

I just used strong painkillers and it eased gradully but it took about two months, I had the luxury of resting, appreciate just how difficult that would be to juggle with a job like yours, just stay doped up and maybe looked heat based remedies for relief.

Liam

aye been using heat rubs and wearing jumpers.
heat definatly helps it.
yeah i had tried working on as i didnt want to go off sick with the way things are just now but the last day i worked was a real struggle so i decided ot just go off and rest.
however expected to be back in a week :eek:

I use Volterol gel (I think that's how it's spelt). Helz will be able to advise, but the stuff is amazing.

aw poor custard!!!

hope you feel better soon x x x

hope you fighting fit soon

Had similar pains in April, spoke to the health advisor at work who told me to get an ecg. Went down the hospital and 12 hours later after 5 blood tests, x rays, blood pressure and heart checks they decided it wasn't a heart attack but possibly a muscle strain. Considering I dont smoke, hardly drink, have an active job and no history of heart problems in the family I would have thought that would be the first diagnosis.

Anyway, still get pains sometimes when I lay on my side but apart from that all's well.

I went to hospital with indigestion.

I don't smoke, am not hugely overweight, don't drink, have no history of heart disease, so I was a bit pissed off when they informed me that my first heart attack was progressing nicely, and would I like flushed out.

Cheers

D

Custard - only advice I can give is for better pain relief you can take paracetamol with your ibuprofen. Much more effective.

That's all I've got - sorry :eek:

Yeah i know how you feel mate its horrible and can be very painful.
Mine just comes and goes sometimes and first it was really scary.
The heat will help it along with your normal ibuprofen and paracetmol etc but the best thing you can do it rest it and not aggravate the area otherwise it will get worse. Another thing you can try that hasnt been said that helps me is taking some protein and some good quality mulitivitamins to keep your body in tip top shape and keep it running efficiently.

Yeah i know how you feel mate its horrible and can be very painful.
Mine just comes and goes sometimes and first it was really scary.
The heat will help it along with your normal ibuprofen and paracetmol etc but the best thing you can do it rest it and not aggravate the area otherwise it will get worse. Another thing you can try that hasnt been said that helps me is taking some protein and some good quality mulitivitamins to keep your body in tip top shape and keep it running efficiently.

yup been taking whey protein.thought it might help the healing.
right i'll get paracetamol tomorrow.
expect to see me on xbox live a lot :eek:

yup been taking whey protein.thought it might help the healing.
right i'll get paracetamol tomorrow.
expect to see me on xbox live a lot :eek:

Oh and try getting hold of some naproxen from the doc that will be a way better anti inflamotory and alot stronger than ibuprofen.

I was using 500mg co-codomol but it gives you constipation and I just get the feeling that it ain't good for you in the longer term i.e. 3 weeks plus so I stopped after 3 weeks and suffered the rest.

Although I am more worried about you just disolving if you loose anymore weight you skinny freak! LOL

Liam

Back