Currently reading:
Cheaper Fuel?

repost.jpg

Clicky!

robbed this
Date: 12/7/2005 11:17:52 -0000
To: <some [email protected]>
Subject: Pipeline Card Update! All headers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear same dude,

It's now December and Pipeline has been going for just over a month, so
it's time for an update.

Firstly, thank you all for signing up and pledging your support to the
Pipeline cause. We have had some fantastic supportive emails - which has
made all the hard work worthwhile.

We have also had great support from the media, particularly from the car
forums, Times Online
<http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/money_weblog/2005/11/fuel_for_though.h
tml> , and from Martin Lewis
<http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=116175>; , the
money saving expert. (Thanks Martin - and keep up the great work.) Do
check out the Media Page <http://www.pipelinecard.org/media.html>; on
the website if you haven't visited in the last few days. You might also
want to read our official Privacy Policy
<http://www.pipelinecard.org/privacy.html>; added to the site on 24th
November.

Membership has been growing at an astonishing 10,000 members per week so
we are well on our way to launching the Pipeline Card in the Spring of
2006. However, we do need a lot of registrations to make this work on a
national level so please give some thought to ways of telling other
drivers about Pipeline.

Some of you have posted links on Web Forums and Bulletin Boards - about
1200 of them actually - some have sent emails to their work colleagues,
some have added the site address to their email signature, others have
posted messages on Club Noticeboards and newsletters, or passed on
details to journalists that they know. It all helps.

Please don't spam your address book, don't set up chain emails and,
above all, don't register anyone on the site without their knowledge and
permission. But if you know other drivers who would like to save money
on petrol - friends, family, colleagues - do tell them about the website
and give them the opportunity of joining Pipeline. Use this link
<http://www.pipelinecard.org/recommend.html>; on the website to make it
easier if you like.

If all of you told just two people about Pipeline this week, and they
signed up, that would triple our size. It's up to all of us to make this
work and, judging by the response so far, it has every chance of
success.

Please continue to write in with your queries, suggestions, and offers
of help. There are only two of us to answer you - and both of us have
other jobs - so bear with us if it takes a little while for us to
respond. We read every email and have already added much more material
to our FAQ as a direct result of your feedback.

If you wish to stop receiving emails from Pipeline, you can cancel your
membership at any time by sending an email to
[email protected]

Best wishes

Ben Scamme

BUMP!

why the hell not...

Pipeline Card April Update

Dear Pipeline Card Member,

Pipeline Card has been going since November and some of you are clearly getting fed up - and not just with the continual fuel price rises.
Emails are coming in every day saying "When are the cards coming?" "How many members do you need now? and "Why the delay"? Well guess what - we're frustrated too!
Nothing like this has ever been done in the UK before - it's not going to happen overnight. The petrol discount scheme they set up in Holland took around 18 months to get off the ground. I can certainly tell you that we all want this to work as much as you do - we have spent a lot of time and effort on it. There is a big gap between an agreement in principle and a finalised contract - but we are gradually overcoming some of the difficulties and we are getting closer.
I would like to be able to give you much more information but, unfortunately, we are bound by a non-disclosure agreement that carries a hefty financial penalty. So I can't even tell you who we are negotiating with. All I can say for now is that we are making progress, we are still hopeful of an announcement in the next couple of months, and we still need your support.
It is just possible that we will need to consider a different way of achieving our goal but the good news is that we have already been approached by another organisation who is interested in working with us.
There is other good news too. Thousands of our members have saved money on domestic heating oil this month and others have saved money on gas and electricity by using our price comparison service. It's not our main purpose, but it is a way of giving something back while our negotiations continue.
Over 9,000 blogs and websites are linking to us and our media support is still growing. So please keep telling people about us.
Rest assured; we are not going to lose sight of what Pipeline Card is all about. It's about all of us paying less for our petrol and diesel. We are definitely not going to do any deals with marketeers and spam merchants; and we are not going to give up.
That's it for now. Watch out for us on Fifth Gear - the Channel 5 motoring show at the beginning of next month.
Don't forget that you can recommend Pipeline by clicking here http://www.PipelineCard.org/recommend.html and you can resign as a member at any time by sending a blank email to [email protected].
Best wishes
Ben Scammell - Pipeline Card Founder

Actually saw the guy on fifth gear so I'm confident it's not a scam, even if his name suggests it :rolleyes:
Drives an Evo aswell so I guess he's starting to feel his wallet hurting at the pumps :D

Also a little tip was given, fill your car up at night. Fuel is measured by volume so when it's colder, you get more for your dosh!

already signed up to this seems like a good idea to me :D

seems a good idea, and I've signed up, but doubt it'll actually happen:(

the price of oil has risen $72 a 80gallon barrel, which if you work it out is like nearly 20p per litre!!!! actual increase, so the tax man has taken a fair chunk out of his usual to help us, but not enough I feel!

mog1571 said:
i saw this on fifth gear too. the guy hasnt actually got a petrol company to actually join the scheme yet. so your not saving any money at all.

Also were they not saying that similar petrol memberships that are currently operating in europe, only get something like 4p per litre off??

I know it's not much, but if you look after the pennies the pounds look after themselves!

This guy has been running this for over a year now with absolutley zero benefits to anyone who signed up. The latest email offers a:

"one-off offer of an introductory discount on a brand-new Sat Nav system
which looks like exceptionally good value"

yeah right. So he's sitting on a mailing list worth a few million and we've been scammed (again). What a tosser.

Back