cheap plasma tv

Currently reading:
cheap plasma tv

gazzaman2k said:
LCD & TFT is the future, plasma pictures wont be as clear or as sharp as LCD due to the way the panels are made. + also LCD are thinner and lighter(y)
ah found who said lcd is crap
jug said:
LCD is a waste of money, i'd rather keep my CRT, the picture is much better than an LCD. Plasma is a lot better and the prices are falling all the time. I'm waiting a couple of years and then getting a plasma. if you get an LCD you'll soon grow tired of the blurred effect whenever anything moves on the screen. i've found the LG ones are best, but still not good enough to actually own and use. they're ok for PCs, but silly for TV.

centaur said:
arthur03small.jpg

plasma is the future. lcd is the new rear projection, only poor people will buy it soon. just go anywhere that sells tv's, you dont need good eyesight to tell the difference. lcd is blurry whenever anything moves. plasma is better than all the rest in every way. sharper, cleaner, vivid colour, viewable from a wider angle, only the cost is a problem, but time will fix that. if you want the best, go for LG. a quick comparison with other tv's and you'll be sold by LG.

EDIT why did i bother writing this, the quote above is almost identicle! oh well at least i'm consistent :)

Last edited:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silly myth with no truth behind it at all.

every cell is a sealed unit, to "regas" a plasma you would need THOUSANDS of little inlet vales for all the cells.

if a cell loses gas you will have a dead cell, much like a deal pixel on a tft. this requires a replacement of the whole screen, also much like a tft.

Last edited:
Viewable from a wider angle? My dad's TFT has is 178 degree viewable. I can't imagine much point in seeing 179 degrees. The colours are very vivid. Power usage is much lower, runs a lot cooler and doesn't suffer burn-in which is a big problem now most channels have their logo on screen most of the time.

2 solutions, motion adaptive anti burn in technology and improved green phosphor. plasmas made during the last 2 years should be very resistant to burn in. the cheap ones probably wont be, but good ones will be.

jug said:
plasma is the future. lcd is the new rear projection, only poor people will buy it soon. just go anywhere that sells tv's, you dont need good eyesight to tell the difference. lcd is blurry whenever anything moves. plasma is better than all the rest in every way. sharper, cleaner, vivid colour, viewable from a wider angle, only the cost is a problem, but time will fix that. if you want the best, go for LG. a quick comparison with other tv's and you'll be sold by LG.

EDIT why did i bother writing this, the quote above is almost identicle! oh well at least i'm consistent :)

LG ar ****e plasma screens phillips and pioneer hold the best plasmas out todate.

LCD is not the new rear projection, my LCD doesnt blurr one bit when watching football or F1 ect... and thats fast moving camera work.

suppose u not seen the new sony Bravia or how ever its spelt screens cant get much better then that.

100" LCD's have been produced in Japan largest Plasma is about 56"

Back