cheap pc

Currently reading:
cheap pc

okay my flatmates got £200 to spend on a PC for her neice.
primarily for school work so thats msn,email,pr0n and the sims ;)
space is at a premium as its for her room but want a pc over a laptop.(though if a decent laptop is around then.............)
would like to get a tft to save space plus that will be all she's interested in that it looks cool :shakehead

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-DELL...096QQihZ005QQcategoryZ179QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

something like this?
anyone seen anything around?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I think for her needs you'll probably need this sort of spec:

2 x RAPTOR 150GB 10,000 RPM SATA HDD's in a RAID formation

2 x 1GB geil Ultra low latency performance RAM

Gigabyte DS4 MOBO

E6800 Quad core CPU

22" Gamer's TFT Monitor

Sound blaster audigy Platinum

7.1 Surround sound speakers

Antec 700W PSU

Antec Gamer's ATX case

Nvidia 8800GTX gfx

I think that should cover it. Although it may be a little over budget...:slayer:

You are better off having one built rather than buying a brand from somewhere like PC World as they just rip people off. You should go into your local INDEPENDANT PC shop, tell them what you want, what your budget is and they should be able to fix one up for you. I doubt you'll get a TFT worth buying though for a £200 budget, maybe a 15 inch one, like this...

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-022-OK

not great specs but can't expect much for that budget :(

Like I said, go to local independant shops and have a browse round get some prices and play em off one another, im sure you'll get soem good deals, and as it is being built specifically you won't be palmed of with stuff you'll end up paying over the odds for and won't need. I can get my boyf to PM you if you want, he's fixed and built computers for years and should be able to give you a rough idea of what you coulfd get for your budget.

Franny (y)

custard said:
okay my flatmates got £200 to spend on a PC for her neice.
primarily for school work so thats msn,email,pr0n and the sims ;)
space is at a premium as its for her room but want a pc over a laptop.(though if a decent laptop is around then.............)
would like to get a tft to save space plus that will be all she's interested in that it looks cool :shakehead

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-DELL-PENTIUM4-PC-DELL-15-LCD-SCREEN-CDRW_W0QQitemZ150068696096QQihZ005QQcategoryZ179QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

something like this?
anyone seen anything around?

pm me, might have something laid around that would certainly see her through for now.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Little shops can't compete with big places, you'll only get a hienz 57 pc from their spares stock.

Fact of the matter is that buying in bulk means cheap so you don't really save money building yourself anymore.

Liam

sorry should have updated.picked up the packard bell from gumtree.in great nick as it was an old couple had it.only had it a year.
added a spare dvd burner to it today and it was imacculate inside.
as i said not the best but a nice looking base with a 3 ghz cel' chip and a 17" TFT

Back