Technical Cheap battery

Currently reading:
Technical Cheap battery

Mcp138

Anyone know the cheapest place to get new battery for a sei sporting?

Many thanks guys n gals

Where abouts are you? I got one in November a few weeks before I crashed my Sei, from kwik fit with a 2yr warrenty and still have it, its yours for a reasonable offer, I paid £60 for it. Only thing is it'd need to be collected (but I am travelling to north wales tomorrow afternoon from south west scotland so travelling down the M6 if you want it and can meet up)

Kev

Batteries are ridiculously cheap for the Cento, most expensive one I could find was 43£. Try you local motorfactors or even your local garage, I got my Lucas for 38£ from the local garage.

Rather than start a new thread im after a new cheap battery as well just wondering if anyone know a place close to huddersfield or leeds where i can pick one up.

My battery still works but the AA guy said its not charging as it should so if i dont start my car for more than 3 days it usually needs a jump start. Strange though because once its got going i can turn it off and on again no problems.

That £21 sounds good what was the place called.

Rather than start a new thread im after a new cheap battery as well just wondering if anyone know a place close to huddersfield or leeds where i can pick one up.

My battery still works but the AA guy said its not charging as it should so if i dont start my car for more than 3 days it usually needs a jump start. Strange though because once its got going i can turn it off and on again no problems.

That £21 sounds good what was the place called.

i work in motorworld and unfortunatly, as a local supplier says to us, theres no such thing as a cheap battery any more. The cost of lead has flown through the roof from $9,000 to $18,000 per ton and hence took the battery market with it. The cost prices on batteries are now twice as much as the retail prices two years ago.

Dont know if the big leisure batteries you see in camping/outdoor leisure shops would be compatible for cars? Alternative place at least if they are

Last edited:
i'll got one from Halfords, it wasn't 60 quid cos my brother got a trade card i think it was 40 to 50 quid, got to say tho, had a problem with it, took it backand they just swap over to a new one without a reciept.

dont use a leisure battery they are not made for it. they are made for a small draw for a long period of time and can only be charged very slowly the amperage needed to start a car and the high amperage from the allternator wpold quickly reck it

Back