Charles Kennedy

Currently reading:
Charles Kennedy

I have followed it (of course) and expected this thread at some point.

To me it was an amazing thing to do and I don't believe he was backed into a corner like some suggest.

Sadly he can't run a party without the party's support so I guess he will end up going :(

Yeah I heard about this last night. Apparently ITN were gonna go public with it regardless of if CK mad a statement or not :chin:

Last edited:
It does to take balls just to say 'I am addicted' in front of a nation.

Makes you wonder what skeletons are hidden in the cupboards of the other party leaders.. Or hidden in the sock drawer if you're names David Cameron :chin:

i admire him but also am annoyed it took a threat of itn news breaking the story which forced him to admit his problem. he denied several times he had a problem. he lied to the public and his own party. a typical alcoholic then.
ive always liked charles as a person. but perhaps not as a leader. he must step down now and fight for his political life.:rolleyes:

I think he should be judged on the results he's achieved. I think the Lib Dems are in a much stronger position now than they were when he first took over. That's what matters.
H

Bunny said:
Makes you wonder what skeletons are hidden in the cupboards of the other party leaders.. Or hidden in the sock drawer if you're names David Cameron :chin:

I heard he has 10 teaspoons of sugar in his tea :eek:

I reckon H is right BUT I don't believe the lib dem success is anything to do with CK and that they would have done better with a less "run of the mill" leader.

both the tories and labour incompetance as made liberal stronger. the liberals manifesto is not brilliant, especially their euro ideas.
problem for the liberals is, who is going to lead them now?;)

Someone who's not really interested in politics - the same people who vote for them! :D
H

hmallett said:
Someone who's not really interested in politics - the same people who vote for them! :D
H
same civil servants who run things though:)
and labour are selling us down the river. nothing left to sell. they have given it all away to jonny foreigner. and the tories:eek:

sumplug said:
same civil servants who run things though:)
and labour are selling us down the river. nothing left to sell. they have given it all away to jonny foreigner. and the tories:eek:

Well said that man did you also hear of the imigration officers giving visas for sexual favours this country is becoming more corrupt each day people are being chewed up and spat out by every political party in this country its time for a peoples revalution :D

one big thing this country should squash right now, is the Human Rights Law. so many undesirables are hiding behind this law. from criminals claiming compensation for "violating my human rights" whilst serving a life sentence for murder, to ethnic minorities sucking the state dry whilst shouting to others to take up arms against the west. they need crushing now:rolleyes:

Yeah but probably best to avoid removing the human rights legislation, just reckon that sounds like a bad idea for some reason.

not totally take them away. i should have said amend them so scum cannot hide behind them.:)

I think we did just fine before this human rights rubbish came in and will do far better when it goes again. We didn't torture people or hang them unnecessairly or go on mass witch-hunts. Or did we and I just missed out on the fun? :(

Yes, we did, a lot of awful things happened :(

However, the abuse of the human rights legislation should stop. A prisoner claiming it unfair that he had to clean out the cess pit, shut up, you should have thought about that when you did crime x or y!

Anyway, this is way OT and there's a thread about human rights elsewhere that I did a while ago :)

Back