CHANGING THE REAR DAMPER, HELP!

Currently reading:
CHANGING THE REAR DAMPER, HELP!

D

dave

Hi guys im new to the forum and in need of some help,

the misses owns a 98 (s) reg BRAVA, and recently to pass the mot it required a new rear drivers side shock,

i removed it and re fitted the new shock using all the same hole locations etc i.e. refitted reverse of removal...

it went back into the garage to be retest but the guy said that it was not fitted in the right location!!!!

how can this be? is there two top holes?

dose anyone have a guide or can tell me what i have missed or have done incorrectly?

need the help ASAP!

thanks
Dave

cheers i spotted and have read that throu already, but it dosent have anything to do with the rear shock,

which is why i have asked

Did you change both rear dampers? This could be why the tester is suggesting a problem. Always change in axle pairs.

i didnt no, as there was nothing wrong with it, and i know you should do, but for the time being she needs the car so it just needs an mot,

the guy specificaly said it was that damper (that was changed) that wasnt re fitted properly, apart from loosing 3 sockets into the subframe, it was a simple unbolt top and bottom and replace job, as far as i know, everything went back in the same place and all the bolts went back in the same holes, so i cant understand whats happened?

that makes very little sense as there is only one place to fit the shock? you have one hole at the top of the subframe and one bolt on the swing arm... unless you put the shock on upside down (an old trick from the ren 5 racing days, made the rear more stable)

Andy_sx

Ya see thats what dont make sence to me neather i think he was fobing my misses off on the mot, cos hes trying all the tricks in the book to get her in to do a laber sensor change and to run a full diognostics run,

ill look it all over again tonight ill stip it all down and reinstall it just to make sure, but im 100% everything was correct,

iv done a lot of reading from scraps of info i can find, i think i fully understand that the mot guy is trying one over

cheers guys

thats how it sounds to me, trying to get some extra cash by the sound of it...

Andy_sx