Styling Changing Seats

Currently reading:
Styling Changing Seats

rodmallia

Hey guys, was thinking of changing both the passanger's as well as the driver's seat sicne the latter is quite damaged as a result of an MVA I had a few months ago. Anyhow, do you know of any other models whose seats will fit in a Fiat Uno Mk II?

Cheers,

Rod

In a word Rod, "No"!

The biggest problem with Uno seats is that they use a weird frame to mount them to the floor. As far as I know, only other Uno seats will bolt in as a direct replacement. However, if you get/ make some seat runners as used for after-market bucket seats then anything can be made to fit (y)

Thought so. So first on the list is a trip to the scrappy to see if I can find another Uno with seats in good condition. I might also try and get some new ones, if they're not too expensive. If that proves to be impossible, I might have to fit in some new seat runners and a pair of new seats from another car. Problem is, that I'm not sure how the fiat would look with the original back seats and a pair of front seats transplanted from another car.

That being said, which are the best seats, those from a Mk I or a Mk II? I've heard that those coming from a Mk I are not as durable.

Thanks for the reply!

Will try pottleflump. However, UT are not as common here in Malta, at least to my knowledge. Otherwise would have gotten one for myself in the first place :D

Pottleflump is right. Mk2 UT seats are much harder wearing than mk1 UT seats, though they look a lot more plain in comparison. As funky as the mk1 UT interior looked there's no denying that it fell to bits and wasn't as hard wearing as the mk2 :cry:

Saying that, I have a set of mk2 UT seats in my mk1! Virtually a straight swap, though for some reason the front mounting bar on the mk2 seats had a little locating nodule for the each plastic mounting sleeve whereas the mk1 seats didn't. So I just hacksawed off the nodules and all was well with the world (y)

My 1986 mk1 seats were in surprisingly good condition. Then again I always used seat covers on them. The foam was rapidly disintegrating though and l had this lovely yellow 'powder' appear all over the floor no matter how much I vacuumed the car!

Maybe it's best that you try and find a later interior to swap yours with. Try and get the door cards too as the interior will match better then.

Good luck! (y)

My 1986 mk1 seats were in surprisingly good condition. Then again I always used seat covers on them. The foam was rapidly disintegrating though and l had this lovely yellow 'powder' appear all over the floor no matter how much I vacuumed the car!

Maybe it's best that you try and find a later interior to swap yours with. Try and get the door cards too as the interior will match better then.

Good luck! (y)

Same here. Even though I have seat covers on, the foam is rapidly disintegrating and no vacuum can rid me of the lovely yellow powder :bang: Moreover, I bought the car with the driver seat upholstery patched in two places. Nothing that a seat cover couldn't cover so I didnt give that too much importance. But now that the seat covers are wearing out as well, I'm thinking of a major transplant. I'll definitely try and get hold of the door cards as well.

Will keep you guys updated (y) Thanks! :)

If your willing to improvise and manufacture brackets or have them made anything is possible!!!
I have full black leather fiat coupe seats in my uno front and rear:D . I fitted them the rear seats still fold down as they should and the front seats work exactly how they should(y) .
Looks great in my opinion and paid £250 for the seats including postage off ebay which i dont think is too bad!
Let me know what you think of my seats.
Sorry about the picture quality.

Attachments

• IMAG0225.JPG
    IMAG0225.JPG
    978.3 KB · Views: 97
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 111
Man, those seats are fab! If only I could find such a deal on ebay. But I bet that shipping to Malta would be too costly so, on second thoughts, I might be better off with a trip to the scrappy.

Those leather seats are absolutely gorgeous but they cost 5 times what I paid for my Uno!

Not everbody was as lucky as you've been. I paid some £1,600 for mine, which was already 13 years old when I bought it.

Yes, it's really :eek:

Of course, I could find Unos half that price but generally, they would be in such a bad condition that they wouldn't last a few months the most. *sigh*

:eek:

The going rate for a Uno (non turbo) in the UK is about £200 - £250!

Uno 1.0 = £500-1.000 here in Denmark.

1.4/1.5 = up to £2.200

Uno Turbo = I've seen them go a bit beyond £3.000

My Sei (Sporting, 1998) cost me £3.500, one year back with 70.000 miles on the clock.

I don't know about Malta, but prices here are mad, as there is 180% tax added to the price paid to the factory + advance for the dealer + an additional V.A.T. of 25%.

Sorry for OT, by the way. :p

i fitted Vauxhall Astra GTE Recaros in mine, i used the original subframs and some square steel tubing and welded the bit i needs for it to fit together probably took about an hour in total to do both, well worth it IMO :D

Hansen, you seem to be shelling out more money than we do. That's crazy! Paying £2000 for a 12 year old Fiat Uno is mad. But that's how it is here. We currently have quite a registration tax for new cars, which apparently is in breach of EU law so we're hoping it will be removed more sooner than later. So we should be getting lower prices on new cars. Then of course there is the VAT, which is currently 18%.

It does get frustrating when these chaps in the UK pay a tenth or less than we do, for a car in the same condition.

Back