General Changing mk2b 8v head for 16v head????

Currently reading:
General Changing mk2b 8v head for 16v head????

JUst wondering, If i was to change the mk2b 8v head on my car the the 16v head of a mk2b would i need to cnage anything else to compramise the change like the timing would that be different? Helo would be appriciated. It would be a nice project to do in a few months

First question, why not just change the car for a 1.4 16V Sporting or even an HGT?

If you still want to do this... Uhmm It has been a long time since my Seicento Abarth modding days but obviously tensioners would be different due to the longer belt for DOHC hense 16V, also ECU may be telling injectors to inject so much fuel for the set air mix 8V brings in so by having 16V the air and fuel mix may be well wrong (custom ECU with mapping may be needed) maybe even different injectors? Different manifold perhaps would be needed and other than that I am not 100% sure!

Good luck with this!

it was just a thought just to see if it would work,easy enough but not so. Ill just get my remap done and wider throttle body in the near future and just stick with those mods. Thanks anyway for the feeedback. at the minute ive got a powerflow catback system and a focus induction, mayconsider a gsr one when i have the cash but i got an extra 6 horses from standard with the focus kit and im not sure if i can get anymore out of the gsr. Also got 66 torque. Oldskool what is the torque gains from standard on a 1.2 8v mk2b???

Cheers
Dean

Back